Chapter 62

After the attempt at Xiao Cheng’s life, the Emperor had to force himself to handle government affairs despite being ill. His headache was getting worse and worse. He was now dependent on the Lin Family’s accupuncture treatments to ease the pain. Every time it was Lin Qingyu’s turn to be on duty, he was almost always on standby in the Emperor’s palace. Even if while he was on break but in the palace grounds, he would be summoned by the emperor from time to time.

In the eyes of the emperor, Lin Qingyu had a gentle temperament. He never said anything unnecessary and he even carried a light medicinal fragrance on his body. This same kind of fragrance was also found on Chu Zhengde but on Chu Zhengde, he found it pungnet but on Lin Qingyu, it became refreshing. Especially when massaging the acupuncture points on his head for him, the beauty would lower his eyes and remain silent thoughout. His flawless skin glowed faintly under the palace lanterns.

Seeing so much of Lin Qingyu, he now found the other beauties in his harem dull and boring. It was a pity that he was in a bad mood right now. With such a big incident befalling the Eastern Palace, he simply didn’t have the energy to consider this matter.  a big thing happened in the East Palace, he didn’t have the heart to think about it at all. During the times his breath is taken away by Lin Qingyu’s beauty, all he could do was heave a sigh.

Nowadays, he doesn’t bother having his concubines attend to him in his illness. He left only Xue Ying and Lin Qingyu, surrounding himself with silence.

On this day, Lin Qingyu was ordered to go to the Emperor’s palace but was stopped by Xue Ying at the door. “Imperial Physician Lin, the Emperor is discussing business inside. Please wait for a while.”

“Is the Prime Minister inside?” It was the Prime Minister who was in charge of running the government these days. Any important matter that the ministers had to report to His Majesty were all conveyed through him.

Xue Ying and Lin Qingyu had been serving the Emperor together for a long time and they have gradually became more familiar with each other. Xue Ying didn’t hide it from him. “It’s the leader of the Tianji Camp, Xie Daren.”

Lin Qingyu said indifferently, “I see.”

It must be because of the assassination attempt on Xiao Cheng. As soon as Xiao Cheng’s incident happened, Shen Huaishi disappeared. The Tianji Camp would follow this trail and track him down. No one know how their investigation has been going.

After Xie Daren withdrew, Lin Qingyu entered the Emperor’s sleeping chambers. The emperor sat at the dragon’s desk, a solemn expression on his face. It seemed that Tianji Camp hadn’t brought him any good news.

The emperor waived off Lin Qingyu’s salute and said feebly, “I have a headache again, come and give me a massage.”

Lin Qingyu went to stand behind the emperor and massaged his forehead for him. The emperor’s expression softened a little and he closed his eyes to enjoy it. “Your technique is really good.”

Lin Qingyu said, “This official learned all these from my father. My technique is nothing compared to my father’s.”

“Lin Rushan?” The emperor remembered this demoted former Yuan Pan, “He is a person of true talent, only that he is a bit presumptuous. It was not wrong of the Crown Prince to punish him, but it is indeed a waste of talent to prevent him from practicing his craft. Right now, the Imperial Hospital is in need of people. Convey my order, Lin Rushan shall be reinstated to his post as Yuan Pan of the Imperial Hospital.”

Lin Qingyu wanted to kneel down to offer his thanks on behalf of his father. But the emperor grabbed his hand. “No need to be too polite. Continue your massage for me.”