Thirty Four

Mommy stands me in front of my progress chart that's stuck on the fridge. I look at the chart and groan at the 3 stickers I managed to get this week, it's mommy's fault though. If she didn't have all these boring rules I would've had wayyy more stickers on my chart.

We just came back from the grocery store a while ago because we needed a few grocery items. All mommy picked out were a bunch of fruits and veggies, which we can survive without she. I wandered off to the toy isle when she wasn't looking because in all honesty, those were the only important things we needed from this store. I've been begging her - more like bugging her - for more dolls to fill my doll house. Mommy and I had a little fight because she didn't want to get me my dolls, claiming I haven't been on my best behaviour.

Mommy ended up picking me up in the middle of my argument and put me in the cart to sit with the so called groceries she picked out. A lady walked by after mommy had put me in the cart and smiled at me. If mommy wasn't so scary I would've given that lady the finger because how dare she smile at my misery. I was very upset with mommy and that stupid lady, so I've been giving her the silent treatment.

I stare at the progress chart trying to figure out how I can convince mommy to get me those dolls. I smile once I have just the right solution to solve this little issue. I peel off two of the stickers I earned last week and add them to the row of stickers I earned this week. It really doesn't matter whether I earned the those two stickers this week or last week they're still mine anyway. "P'oblem Solved!" I say dancing around victoriously.

"Uh-uh, that's not how it works young lady." She says about to remove the stickers. I smack her hand away and lean against the chart so she can't touch my stickers.

"Mommy no, is mine." I say almost stomping my foot at her.

"You're right sweetheart, they are your stickers my but they don't count anymore." She says picking me up effortlessly and puts the stickers back in their original place. I whine throwing my head back. I squirming out of her arms and crawl under the dinning table not wanting to look at her.

"Nollani, you don't get things by throwing a tantrum baby." Mommy says bending over to look at me under the table. I turn my back to her not saying a word. Mommy walks away and I peek to see where she's going. She walks out the door and comes back with the bags of groceries. She looks at me while I'm peeking at her and I scoot backwards out of her sight. I sit under the table watching her feet whenever she walks by the dining table, she eventually goes upstairs which makes me a little upset.

I could really use some milk right now but my ego is too big to go ask mommy for some. I remember there's some that she had pumped in the fridge. I get the bottle of milk, pour it in a cup and decide to heat it up. The microwave oven is too high up for me, so I go into the guest bathroom to get my step stool and place it in front of the oven. Mommy usually heats up water in the kettle and puts my milk in the hot water to warm it up but that's too much admin.

I fiddle around with the microwave, pressing random buttons but it eventually works. When it makes a beeping sound I open it and grab the cup of milk, but the cup is too hot so I quickly let go and it all pours out onto my chest and belly. I shriek in pain pulling my soaked shirt away from my body, because it hurts more while it's stuck against my skin. I'm screaming and writhing in pain, my vision now blurred with all the tears in my eyes.

I hear mommy's quick foot steps and then my shirt is taken off swiftly. Mommy picks me up and hurries off somewhere with me still in her arms. I scream louder when I feel cold water on my chest and belly. I try to fight mommy but it's not working so I end up letting her hold me under the running cold water. "It's alright baby. Mommy's got you." She says softly, kissing my forehead. She holds me in place until my cries die down a bit. She closes the faucet and dabbs me dry. It feels like the sore parts of my chest and tummy are pulsating.

"Sore." I say pointing to where it hurts.

"I know my angel. Fortunately you're just red and not seriously burnt." She says looking at my chest, she then applies a cold cream on my chest which helps soothe the pain. "Mommy shouldn't have left you downstairs alone, I'm really sorry baby." She says kissing me and I see the guilt in her eyes. I lean into her trying to comfort her.

"No cry mommy." I say patting her back. "I all better." I tell her even though I'm still in a bit of pain.

Mommy shakes her head holding the bridge of her nose, she looks at me wiping the tears on my cheeks. "Do you still want some milk?" She asks and I nod eagerly. She helps me latch on and draws circles on my cheek with her finger. I reach my hand up trying to find something to entertain me while I nurse. Mommy grabs my hand and gives it a few kisses making me smile. I reach for her glasses but she quickly grabs my hand and nibbles on it playfully. I unlatch giggling at her silliness while trying to reach for her glasses again. She nibbles on my fingers turning me into ball of giggles.

I latch on and stick my foot in the air about to grab it. "Stinky, stinky little toes." She says tickling my toes making be giggle and babble at her in protest. She pinches my nose while I'm yelling at her which makes me sound funny so I pout at her upset. I remember my milky and latch on again snuggling against her not wanting to be disturbed anymore. Mommy pats my bum making me hum and grunt contently.