Eighteen

Hanaina's Pov

This morning has been very rough for the both of us. Nollani's back to attending classes which she isn't very happy about. She's been crying on and off all morning probably due to separation anxiety. I managed to get her in the car so I can drive her to school. What breaks me is how she hasn't spoken a word nor has she looked in my direction.

"Baby we're here, mommy will be here to get you when you're done." She doesn't budge and continues staring out the window. "Baby?" I call her reaching back and gently tapping her knee. She finally looks at me looking so empty. I see tears well up in her eyes and it absolutely breaks me.

"Come here sweetpea, come talk to mommy." I say reaching my arms out. She lets out a few whimpers quickly sitting herself on my lap and burying her face in my chest. "I know baby" I say rubbing her back letting her cry.

"No wanna go to class mommy, me go with mommy." She says looking up at me. I don't know how to say no to this precious face. I plant a kiss on her forehead trying to figure out what to do in this situation.

"Pumpkin you can't go with mommy, you have to attend classes. Mommy's gonna be right here to pick you up later. You can call mommy on the phone whenever you wanna talk but you must attend." She shakes her head wailing even louder.

I'm so close to taking her to work with me but I have to prioritise her future. I need her to be big right now so she can better understand me. I wait for her to fully calm down before trying again to convince her. "Lani can you listen to mommy please." I wait a few seconds and she looks up at me. "Can you try your best to be big right now?"

"No!" She says not leaving any room for anything otherwise.

"Are you mommy's good girl?" She nods sticking her fingers in her mouth. "Can you be mommy's good girl and try to be big for mommy?" She lays her head on my chest closing her eyes. I'm not sure if she's trying to be big or choosing to ignore me but I wait for her patiently.

When she looks up at me again, she tries to get off my lap but I hold her in place. I see a blush forming on her cheeks, which I find so adorable. "Are you big now?" She nods acting all shy. "Can you tell me what's on your mind right now?"

"I don't want to be away from you. I can miss class just for today, I promise to attend tomorrow. Please mommy! I mean I'm late for my first class anyway!" She says shrugging her shoulders. I shake my head, seeing how she's trying to get cheeky.

"No bubs, but how about you go today then you can have mommy all to yourself later. Anything you want." I say knowing I'm going to probably regret it. "If you miss me you can call and we'll talk all you want, I promise my love."

"You really have to keep your promise mommy." she says putting her forehead against mine. I peck her lips.

"I promise baby."

She opens my drivers door getting down with my help. I grab her bag from the back handing it to her. I give her kisses all over her face receiving a "mommy stop, people are watching!" I chuckle.

"Get to class baby, I love you." I say. She walks off and my heart breaks, my poor baby. I put on some music to distract myself.

I get to the office and thankfully everyone appears to be working. I buzz Latisha just to see what my schedule looks like today "Morning Miss Zalda" I can see the confusion on her face when she doesn't see Nollani around.

"Morning, she's at school sweetie." I tell her.

"Oh" She responds looking disappointed. Sometimes I feel as if I have two babies. Latisha tends to acts like a child occasionally or does something that a child would usually do. She isn't a regressor though because I would've probably noticed, I've had her as my assistant for 3 years now. I get instances where I wanna put her in the naughty corner or sit her on my lap like how I want to do right now.

"I just wanted to know if there's anything important I need to deal with today?"

"No, there's nothing but there's a few things you need to approve for this tomorrow night's event. There's a few things the event coordinator wanted to discuss with you." I nod.

"Have you checked the ven-" I'm cut off by someone yelling Latisha's name like an idiot. I look at Latisha waiting for an explanation. My door slams open and I'm met with a girl with long blond hair. Her mouth drops open. I lift up my eyebrow looking at her then back at Latisha.

"Sorry Zalda" Latisha says pulling the girl away. I hear the girl say "you didn't tell me she was here!" doing a terrible job at whispering. I wonder who she is and why she's slamming doors and yelling in my office. Latisha comes back a few minutes later apologising once again.

"Who was that?" I ask not looking away from my laptop.

"It's Lydia, she works in the executive branch, she's one of the assistants there. I nod recalling the conversation I had with Nollani about Lydia. I continue discussing issues about the coming event deciding to deal with Lydia later.

After doing a lot of work I look at the time and it should be safe to get Nollani from school. I miss my baby so much, I just wanna hold her. I get my phone and car keys heading to my car. Thankfully it's not late in the day so I'm not getting stuck in any traffic. When I get to her college we spot eachother at the same time. She comes over to my door opening it and reaching up to me.

"Hi sweet girl!" I say seeing how excited she is to see me. I pick her up and she sits on my lap cuddling me. "How did it go?" I ask brushing her hair away from her face.

"It was shit!"

"Hey, you're gonna get in trouble!" I say stern. "Mommy missed you, you didn't even care to call me." I look at her pouting.

"I didn't want to make you worried mommy. Aaaand I was fine because Hafsa was there." I nod understanding how close they are with each other. I'm happy as long as she's happy.

"Lets go, mommy still has a few things to do at the office." I say giving her one more kiss before letting go.