Twenty Five

"Baby! You need to come down, time is not on our side."

"Just a minute!"

Yeah, that was a lie. I'm nowhere near going downstairs. I concluded that if she can deprive me of my sleep I can delay her morning by just a few minutes. I mean I'm dressed and ready but I need a little more time in bed. This is my opportunity to catch up on last night's dream. I climb on my bed and go under the covers. I decide the best thing to do is to disguise myself by neatly putting the covers over me and hide my head under the pillows.

"Nollani?" I hear mommy call me, I respond so she doesn't get suspicious.

"Coming!" I yell back. I hear her heels on the floor, which lets me know she's coming up the stairs. I lay completely still hoping she won't find me and she'll leave to go to the office alone. Her steps stop somewhere near my door before she walks away. I lift my head up to see if I'm still safe and I'm met with a very stern mommy looking right back at me. She's leaning on the door frame with her arms folded. I swear I heard her walking away, she fooled me.

"I'm going to start counting till three and if you're not out of that bed with your shoes on you're going to be very unhappy." I don't even wait for her to start counting. I jump out of bed picking my shoes up and running down the stairs. "No running!" She says so I slow down. I really thought I hid myself well, how on earth did she see me? She's definitely a psychic of some sorts. When I get to the bottom of the stairs I realise I forgot my backpack in my room. I hop anxiously biting my finger trying to figure out what to do.

"Fuck it, I can survive without a bag." I say.

"That's strike number 2, young lady!" She says patting my bottom firmly. I'm startled because she keeps appearing everywhere randomly. "Go get that bag quickly." I go up to my room and notice my bed is neatly made again. I grab my backpack quickly going downstairs. I close the door behind me and get into the car sitting in my booster seat. It's a bit embarrassing to sit on it while I'm big but it's just mommy and I in the car, it isn't a big deal.

My stomach rumbles and mommy looks at me through the rear view mirror. "Your stomach is pretty angry isn't it?" She says cooing at me. "I'll get you something to eat in a bit lovebug."

"With coffee? Pleaaaaaase, just for today!" I say trying to sound as convincing as possible.

"You can have just a little bit of my coffee, you're not getting your own."

"Mommy!" I whine.

"That or nothing."

"Fine!" I say Kicking her seat a few times.

"You're behaving worse than your little self right now, what's going on?" I don't know why I'm being so cranky this morning but being woken up early has something to do with it. "Do you need me to hold you?" Mommy asks making my cheeks warm. I shrug not knowing how to respond to that.

I end up feeling guilty and remain quiet throughout the remainder of the car ride. When mommy hands me a my breakfast wrap and juice I take it without complaining. She gave me a bit of her coffee and I took it happily. I sort of felt bad for behaving so bad when all she ever does is love me. Mommy opens the door for me once she's parked, because it has the childlock on. I jump to hug her and I can tell she's surprised.

"What is it love?" She asks picking me up. Right now I really don't care who sees us I just wanna make it up to my mommy.

"I'm sorry for acting naughty this morning. I'll do better, I promise." I say giving her a kiss on the forehead.

"Well thank you for the apology, I think mommy should've told you that we were going to come here today. I forgive you but I'm still holding the 2 strikes." She says making me whine.