Three

All I wanted to happen right now was for the ground to swallow me. " I just wanted to apologise for making you think you made me feel uncomfortable at the table, that wasn't the case at all. I just thought you looked beautiful and you were one of the very few people that were so kind to me." I quickly say all in one breath, I probably said too much, ugh! I'm swiftly picked up and sat on the basin counter.

"What the hell" I say squealing.

"You're okay pumpkin." If she keeps calling me these names I'm going to feel small and then she's gonna think I'm a weirdo all over again. "I'm glad you told me that because I wanted to apologise for making you feel uncomfortable, you beat me to it." She smiled fixing her glasses.

She had this strong mommy like aura. I've never had a mommy before and surely never met one, but she makes me wanna lay on her chest and just snuggle into her. "I'm up here Nollani" She says with a smirk.

"Sow- sorry" I say looking at my hands on my lap. She swiftly takes me off the counter again and sets me on my feet. This lady and her strength!

"If we're done with this very short conversation, let's go you need to get to bed." she lets me lead the way and I do so proudly. I go over to a snoring Hafsa who's sprawled on the couch with drool running down her face. This girl. I shake her awake leading us upstairs. The older women are left gossiping downstairs while Hafsa and I head to bed.

The next time I open my eyes the room is extremely bright. I question my where abouts before my brain answers all it's questions. I'm reminded about everything that happened last night. Atleast everyone is gone and I don't have to hide from anyone.

"Wake up old hag, gosh I thought you loved food, why are you not at the breakfast table?" I shoot up looking at my stupid alarm clock of a friend.

"Food? I haven't had some of that in a while." I say jumping off the bed to take a quick morning shower - which this dummy appears to have taken already - before I go get some of Aunty Jasmine's delicious cooking.

"Good morning your majesty!" Aunty Jasmine says before I sit down for some food. My my did I not stuff my face. The food was so good.

"Mumma did you know Lani doesn't make any food..." I try to cover her mouth but she holds my head way at arms length and I just can't reach her. "-she doesn't make food for herself and buys lots of junk that ruins her appetite so she stays 'full'." Wow my own friend.

"That's very naughty of her" I hear someone say. I turn to look and I'm met with stern dark disapproving eyes. I look away feeling my cheeks flush and being called naughty by Hanaina.

"Nollani!" Aunty Jasmine says sounding dissapointed. "That's why I asked you to come live with us, you don't take care of yourself." The way I feel like wringing Hafsa's neck. I turn to her and mouth bitch. Which causes her to giggle.

I really appreciated Aunty Jas and Uncle Tim's offer but I didn't want to burden them. They've already been so kind to me many times I just don't want to make them feel like they're over extending themselves.

I'm pretty much a burden already but they just don't say. My dad doesn't even call to check if I'm alive, he has never been present for me. I've always relied on myself so being independent comes easily for me. I understand how irresponsible I can be sometimes but that's how it's going to stay. My mother passed away so he's the only parent I have. In my head I'm an orphan. I guess that's how it was supposed to be for me.

"Nollani? What do you think?" Hanaina asks. I look around confused but answer before things get awkward and embarrassing for me.

"Yes that's right" I say not even sure what I'm consenting to. I look around the room and everyone is shocked. "What?" I whispered to Hafsa who is just as shocked. Embarrassed myself anyway I guess.