Thirty Two

Latisha's POV

The courage I felt walking into her office is definitely gone now, but why not just push one more button. I want to brat her, but I don't want to suffer the consequences. Maybe I shouldn't brat her, well, not right now. Hanaina leans forward, whispering in my ear, "You haven't been over my knee in a long time and your behaviour's showing it." My face pales and I feel goosebumps appear on my skin.

"Hey! No secrets Mommy." Nollani steps in between us, not impressed by her Mommy whispering in my ear. Hanaina removes her finger from my chin, giving Nollani her full attention now.

"Mommy isn't keeping any secrets lovebug, I promise." She says picking her up.

"What you tell Tisha?" Nollani asks.

"You, young lady, are being nosey." Hanaina responds making her groan. I walk out of the office still trying to process what she just said in my ear.

I'm almost done reviewing the set of documents Hanaina wants sent to one of our business partners first thing tomorrow morning. I had already made a few adjustments to the document, I tweak them a bit more, nothing too hectic though. I print out a hard copy because that's how Hanaina prefers to review documents, she's quite old fashioned for a 38 year old.

I go back to her office, noticing how adorable Nollani is, while playing on the play-mat that's placed in the corner. Hanaina looks up noticing me standing in front of her. "Yes dear? You have something for me?" She asks.

"I'm done reviewing and revising these. If you could please check them one more time before I send them through?" I ask. I don't want to hand her the documents anymore. I might've purposely added grammar and spelling mistakes here and there, I regret it now but it's too late to go back to my office and fix it now.

"Sure." She says holding out her hand. I don't know what was going on in my head but I put my hand in hers instead of giving her the documents. I notice her frowning and quickly replace my hand with the documents when I realise my mistake, I'm beyond embarrassed. I walk out her office, realising how big this company is. I could go sit in the other departments so she doesn't find me after she reads them.

I decide to start with Lydia though, I haven't seen her in a while. "Your Majesty, to what do I owe the honour of your visit today?" She asks getting up from her chair to bow at me dramatically.

"Would you be serious for a sec!" I say shaking her, then she smirks at me knowingly.

"You're in trouble aren't you?" She says grinning so wide I can see her back molars. "What did you do to my wife?" She asks sitting on her desk to listen to the story.

"Long story short, I messed up some documents and you know how much of a perfectionist she is." Lydia laughs which frustrates me because she's supposed to be comforting me, this jackass!

"Yup! You're in shi-T!" I roll my eyes.

"This is probably going to be the first place she'll look for me." I say leaving to wander off somewhere else, but that's not what ends up happening. I go back to my office instead, figuring if I go missing, she'll realise I made all those mistakes on purpose, which I did, but we don't want to make it too obvious now do we?

I sit at my desk waiting for the devil to walk in and...she does. She doesn't look angry though so that's a relief. My relief is short lived though because she walks around my table, stands behind me and slams the documents on the table — red flag number 1 . She then proceeds to hover over me placing her hands on either side of me on the table - red flag number 2. "Could you turn to the first page and read it out to me please sweetheart." She says calmly and sweetly which messes with my brain — red flag number 3.

"But...why?" I ask acting oblivious.

"Ohhh my dear, I think you know why." She flips the page herself and I see a bunch of circles in red pen around certain words. I notice a 'dypoefcv' and another 'juyrfsexqp', there's a few other random letter combinations and thats how I know I'm in deep trouble. I look up at her and she looks back at me with a slight smirk and raised eyebrow. She hooks her hand around my upper arm, removing me from my chair. She sits on my chair and pulls me closer to the table putting the document in front of me. "Read that for me!" She says pointing to one of the random letter combinations.

"Ma-Miss Zalda I can explain." I say feeling the blush on my cheeks.

"Okay, explain then, I'm listening." She says giving me all her attention. I actually don't have an explanation because how am I supposed to tell her I intentionally made all these errors. "I'm waiting." She says tapping her nails on the desk. Where's Nollani when I need her?

"You see, my laptop does this thing where it-"

She swats my butt a few times. "Latisha-Renae! Do you understand how important these documents are?" She asks looking up at me. I nod rubbing my butt, I probably look like a misbehaving five year old.

"But you didn't let me explain." I say with an attitude, folding my arms. I see her clenching her jaw as she showers more smacks on my butt. Did I tell you how wicked her hand is? I definitely didn't miss this 'strict mommy' side of hers, even though I created this whole mess just to see it. When she stops smacking me I take a huge step back, my legs feel like jelly.

"I'm warning you! You don't want me to put you over my knee." She says sternly.

"No! Okay!" I yell. "I did it...on purpose." I tell her looking away.

"I know you did. Why?" She asks.

"I wanted to get a reaction out of you." I confess a bit embarrassed, still not looking at her. She has this dominance that's just so commanding, it's too difficult to lie to her. She hums, leaning back on the chair.

"You better not pull this stunt again or I'll make sure you have a hard time sitting." I nod quickly, biting my lip nervously. "Come closer please." I walk closer and she sits me on her lap which surprises me. She pulls me in for a hug which surprises me even more, but I accept it anyway, feeling safe and secure. She kisses my forehead and makes me look up at her. "I want you to fix this, bring it back to me to check it, then you can send it through."

"Yes ma'am." I say. She pats my thigh signalling me to get off her lap. I watch her as leaves promise myself to never let my intrusive thoughts win ever again.