Eleven

Hanaina's Pov

I've decided to go to the office this morning. I've also decided to take nollani with because I don't want her to be alone incase she slips. I gently shake Nollani awake only receiving a smack on my arm before she turns away from me. Cheeky girl.

She slept with me last night because she didn't want to sleep in her own room but that was the least difficult part from last night. What tasseled me was getting her out of that play room to get her ready for bed, after a lot of convincing she finally agreed to get ready for bed.

Having Nollani around has been quite different from the last time I had a little one. Slipping wasn't as easy for my previous little, I really needed to put in some work to get her to be little. Nollani slips quite easily, like how she did when she saw the playroom. My previous little was more of an infant so Nollani being around 3 years old is different. I don't have a little age preference so I don't mind the change.

Nollani is way more comfortable around me when little. She's carefree and very stubborn while little. "Baby we have to get ready, I don't want to be late for work." I say trying to sit her up hoping that it's going to get her to wake up. It doesn't really work so I use a stern tone. "Nollani I'm going to start counting to three and if you're not up you're going to be in a lot of trouble."

"I'm up." She says rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. I let her use my bathroom to get ready while I get myself dressed. I know I'm not being the best mommy ever but we can pick up breakfast on the way to the office. It's only for today because I haven't worked out a proper morning routine that also accommodates Nollani.

I move into my office to grab a few documents before going downstairs. I hadn't picked out anything for Nollani to wear so I go back upstairs. "Oh!" I say in shock. I'm met with a naked Nollani tiptoeing to her room. She turns a bright shade of red, covering her non existent chest area and her princess part. I turn away from her so she doesn't feel more uncomfortable.

"Sorry pumpkin I was trying to get you some clothes. Should I still do so or are you going to do it yourself?" She's quiet for a few seconds.

"I'll do it" She says. I nod hearing her feet tapping on the floor followed by the door closing. I really need to work on a routine to avoid stupid mistakes like these. I even forgot to give her a towel, that poor baby.

"Miss Hanaina." She calls me, of course using my name.

"Yes?" I stand outside her door knocking lightly. She opens her door looking distressed.

"I need help with my hair please." I smile leading her to a her little white vanity. I notice her outfit, she looks so adorable. 

"What would you like me to do?" She shrugs so I decide on two plaits. I gently brush through her hair parting it in the middle. I start with the plaits and give her a kiss on her head once I'm done. "All done pumpkin."

"Thank you." She smiles seeming happy with her hair.

"Alright put your shoes on and let's go. We'll grab breakfast on our way to the office. I go downstairs to get my car keys. I hop into the car and pull out of the garage. Nollani comes out a second later with her little backpack. She opens the door to the passenger seat. "No, little girls sit in the back."

"What but I'm big!"

"I know you're big but you're sitting in the back."

"That isn't fair." She says stomping her foot.

"I'm only going to speak once young lady." I say using my dominating voice. She slams the door. "Nollani!" She's so cheeky. She gets in the back putting her seat belt on before I could even tell her. I look in the rear view mirror and notice shes upset. I shake my head smiling at how adorable she looks when angry.

I get us breakfast sandwiches, a coffee for myself and a hot chocolate for her. That didn't go well because Nollani wanted coffee as well but that's not going to happen. She's been so cranky this morning, I've probably already grown a hundred grey hairs just from this morning.

We get to the office right on time. Little miss sassy goes to lay on the couch obviously not wanting to be anywhere near me. I let her be before getting a piece of paper and setting it next to me.

"Nollani could you come over here please." I say using my stern voice. She comes over with her arms folded over her chest not looking at me.

"I'm not happy with your behaviour this morning, you broke two rules and you've been very sassy." She starts playing with her fingers. "Can you tell me why you're so upset?" I ask gently.

"You made me sit in the back this morning and got me hot chocolate instead of coffee. I'm a big girl I can have coffee and I can sit in the front."

"No! You are my little girl so you will sit in the back and you are not allowed to have coffee." I respond very firmly.

"But that's not fair!" She whines. Latisha walks into the office sensing the tension in the room. I speak with Latish briefing her about what I expect from her. She reminds me about the meeting I have with HR before leaving the two of us in the room again.

"You do not stomp your foot at me. Incase you don't remember, one of the rules was to always listen to mommy. Something you're not doing right now." I pause looking at her seeing how nervous she looks. "You also happened to break the rule to call me mommy, mama or mom and not by my name." She gasps. Her cheeks turn red, a pretty frequent occurance.

She opens her mouth before closing it again. I can tell that she's finally given up her little attitude. "You're going to write 'I will listen to mommy and I will not call mommy by name'. You're going to write that on both sides of the page neat and no big handwriting. Am I understood? " I look at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes."

"Yes what?"

"Yes m-mommy." She says not looking at me.

"There we go, sit right next to me and start." She does as I say grabbing the pen and paper I placed in front of her. Now that's a good girl.