Twenty Six

Latisha's Pov

Weird is the best word to use to describe this situation. I mean I'm not jealous of Nollani, in fact I absolutely adore her but it was 3 years ago that I decided I didn't want Hanaina as my mama anymore. I miss her at times but being little is not something I needed anymore, I feel like the void I had before I met her was no longer there so it was an easy decision. I'm in a different stage of my life. I'm in a different relationship now, absolutely smitten in fact.

I recall how ma- Hanaina would keep me so close to her and make me feel so loved and cared for.  It was me who got to sit on her lap, got to nurse, called different sweet names, had all her attention on me the list goes on. I've moved on just like she's obviously moved on. There are still some instances where I feel like she treats me like I'm a regressor which I'm not. I still love her and yes she still means the world to me but it's weird seeing your former caregiver with another little. Lucky for me though, because I got my job as her assistant back after our relationship.

"Did you miss me!" Nollani storms into my office, at this point it doesn't surprise me anymore. She can be so shy around some people and such a numb-numb around her mommy and I.

"No I did not." I say rolling my eyes at her. "How did your classes go? Wait, does your mommy know you're with me right now?" She nods quickly making me chuckle because it means she learnt her lesson the other day. I still think I got the worst punishment though, a swat on the butt with some of my colleagues watching...not cool, but at-least I got an apology.

"She forced me to attend classes today. She's such a-"

"Such a what?" I look at my boss who doesn't look very happy at the moment. I look between the two waiting for one of them to say something. I'm obviously amused by the little tension in the room. This girl cannot stay out of trouble for a second. I can't blame her, neither could I when I was her little but I was still a bit more behaved given my little age.

"-a beautiful woman, what did you think I was going to say mommy?" She asks turning the blame and batting her eyelashes innocently, she's so cheeky.

"You keep that behaviour up and you won't be coming over to Latisha." The amount of groans and whines that follow after that are just nonsensical, coming from such a little body. I'm flattered that I mean that much to her.

"So dramatic." I say under my breath and I receive a kick on my foot. Hana comes over to my side placing her hand on the table and hunches over my shoulder. She does this very often not just with me, it's almost like her way of asserting dominance. It's something Lydia fantasies about but her imagination of it is horrific. Hanaina does it absentmindedly but that's not how Lydia sees it. I roll my eyes at the thought.

"Are you rolling your eyes at me while I'm talking to you?" She asks looking at me over her glasses. I didn't realise I had actually rolled my eyes, neither did I realise she was talking, Lydia still manages to get me in trouble even when she's not around.

"N-no, sorry Miss Zalda, I wasn't paying attention." I say receiving a little snicker from Nollani. I can just tell my cheeks are pretty flushed, Hanaina makes me pretty nervous sometimes. After our relationship I had gotten so comfortable being around her to the point where I was slacking, but she obviously worked really hard to remind me of her position.

"Hmm." She hums. "I said, I need the file with all the business accounts we made with R&Jays..." She goes on to give me a few more instructions before she stands upright again. "Will it be sorted before I leave?"

"Yes ma'am" I say sounding too enthusiastic.

"You're such a star." She says looking much more relieved than when she walked in. "Don't disappoint me." She says while walking out.

"You scared of my mommy?" Nollani asks climbing onto my lap. Maybe just a little, well when she's upset then yes. I think she's such a softy but people who don't know her very well wouldn't tell. I get away with a lot of things around here, besides the time I double booked one of her meetings. Never making that mistake again. Even thinking about it is so humiliating.

"No I'm not. I just respect her a lot." She shrugs not convinced. "Let's go."

"Where? I get ice lolly?" She asks. I don't think I could ever say no to her, I'd rather get in trouble.

"If you promise to be good." She wiggles happily. I pick her up setting her on my hip. I take the elevator down to on of the filling units. I set Nollani down and she runs over to one of the ladies that work here it's very rare for her to interact with people so I'm surprised. I get what I need and I go over to get her so we can leave.

"Ice lolly, Tisha."

"We're going to get it love, just a little patience." I pick her up once again because I need to move a bit quicker. When we reach our office floor I go over to the fridge getting her what she asked for. "Don't tell your mommy." I say tucking a napkin in her shirt so she doesn't get messy. I walk back into my office hoping to get this business account issue fixed.

"I go to mommy now?" She asks. Absolutely great! Just when I told her not to tell her mommy. I nod letting her leave. I lean against my door frame trying to eavesdrop.

"Hi love bug, what's behind your back?" I hear a bit of the conversation until "Latisha Renae Reed!" Ahh shit!