Chapter 64

(Daniel's POV)

Today has been incredibly hard for me. After watching that video last night I've been carrying around this anxious feeling in my chest. I couldn't understand any of it even though the evidence was in front of me. It's like someone handed me a very obvious piece of the puzzle and I couldn't fit it into the whole picture.

As soon as self-study was announced I rushed over to the restroom. I would be lying if I didn't stay up all night trying to make tails of what I had watched. I also replayed the video half a thousand times in my head, making sure that what I interpreted was real.

I sunk onto the seat after locking myself in one of the stalls. My eyelids felt so heavy against my eyes. Before coming to school I made sure to drink two coffees from the store I worked at. I had an employee discount that I made sure to use as often as I could. It seems that the coffee's effect had already worn off.

Should I go to the school's snack shop and get some more? If not coffee, then something sweet.

No, no. I took a deep breath then rubbed my hands over my face. There's only a couple more hours of school left. I can make it through the rest of the day. Then I can switch to my other body (Little Daniel) and head to work where I can think about this more peacefully.

I pulled out my phone and looked at the time. I've been here for ten minutes. Was that a bit suspicious? I should probably get going. I made my way out after washing my hands and saw a familiar figure step out of my classroom.

Jace stepped out with his hands coolly in the pockets of his gray jumpsuit. His large ears fanned to the side. There was also another familiar figure still inside. Mary from Vocal & Dance was sitting on top of a desk talking to Zoe and Mira about something. It seemed to be a pretty serious conversation. Zoe looked more disturbed than normal.

"Jace? What are you doing here?"

He turned around to look at me, "I was actually here looking for you. There's something I needed to tell you regarding Hostel."

"Hostel?"

"You're trying to destroy the Four Crews right? Vasco is following the same goal so I looked a bit more into them and I think I found out their main source of income."

Wait...this...this was actually good for me in more ways than one. I don't know where to start with those video business but maybe Jace can. Jace served more as a tactician in the Burn Knuckles and he was obviously a reliable guy. If he could find out something like that, then could that mean he might find out more about this video then I can?

It was worth a shot. Not to mention, Burn Knuckles stood as a strong group. And even though we were facing much stronger adversaries, I could trust them to be loyal to each other and protect themselves. Ila was also a Burn Knuckle so it was only fitting that I tell them what I found. Loyalty ran in their blood, even after death.

"Actually, Jace. There's something I need to tell you too. Can you and Vasco meet me at the Han River around five? It's really important."

Jace's star hardened, "Important? Is something wrong? Should I bring the whole gang then?"

I shook my head, "No! No! Nothing like that. I just...there's something I need your help with."

There was obviously a lot on Jace's mind as he looked at me. All of the possibilities ran through his head of what I could possibly want to tell him. It only took him a couple seconds for him to agree. I might not be telling him much but by my expressions he knew that this was completely serious.

"Okay. We'll meet you there." He was about to leave when Jace turned back to me, "But...Daniel. I want to give you a heads up. Vasco isn't really...well, he's a bit...sensitive right now. I just wanted to tell you so you won't get scared."
As soon as he said Vasco was a bit sensitive at the moment, I knew exactly what he was referring to. He was talking about how hard Ila's death had hit him. The large buff guy was already fragile at heart. He would cry if he accidently stepped on a ladybug. Now imagine a friend of his dying?