Chapter Five

5, 000 dollars....

5, 000 dollars.

Who made that bid again? After the auctions Sook took me to get something to drink since it was getting pretty hot outside and I wasted the last bit of my money. Water slowly drippled down the nape of my neck when I remembered something very important. He's here. My hands shook.

Gun...is here. I gave Sook my water bottle and ran towards the side parking lots. Please still be there. Your probably wondering why I'm so rushed to meet Gun when I've said it multiple times that he's a beast that shouldn't be messed with.

I know, I know that even though my heart trembles at the sound of his name that I need to meet him. A monster like him, only comes in a life time so we have to take the opportunity to learn from them as much as we can. Lesson two of fighting, in order to become the best, you have to become an even worse monster than your enemies.

That's the only way to move forward. I don't care if I can't walk for another two weeks or if my hands take months to heal. Fate give me this chance to see just how much farther I have to grow so I can train even harder. Let me know how far I have left to become one of the best.

"Whew~ who are you, his friend?"

"Yeah, his friend."

Damn it. Vasco is already here. No, that's okay. I know I can't fight that well when there's a crowd but this is better than nothing. I looked over at Crystal who wore a worried expression on her face. All I need is for her to stay still even if its just for a moment. I beg of you, even if its just for a minute.

"Don't mess with him or you mess with me-"

Fuck this speech mess. I ran towards Vasco and pushed him out the way as Gun threw a punch directly towards his face. Gun looked over at me, pulling his punch, quickly reading the situation. I'm sorry for pushing you Vasco. I'll make it up to you later.

I peeled off unbuttoned my vest and pulled my air back into a quick bun.

"Who are you? Are you also his friend?"

"Friend? Sure."

Before I gave myself a change to come up with a plan my body started acting on its own. Gun seemed a bit surprised that I had come here to fight. I steadied my body into position. I copied Zack's stance and threw a straight. Gun dodged every single one of my throws until he caught my fist.

He didn't seem amused but...this feeling in my chest. Why did it feel so good? When was the last time that I actually fought someone that I couldn't touch. I smiled at him as his grip tightened around my wrist. Looks like I can't beat him like this like I thought. You can't beat a man with moves he already knows.

I shifted my body weight to my left and pulled away with my right. You could tell he was getting annoyed. He lifted his leg in the air for a kick. Somewhere behind me I could hear Daniel telling me to watch out but I already knew his little game. I've seen it I don't know how many times before. 

He pretended to aim a kick for my side but at the last minute I watched as he switched to more of a downward strike. There was no way I would be able to take a blow like that so I swiveled my body just enough that his kick would graze against my shoulder. At least that was the plan but he was too fast. 

I let out a small gasp of pain as he made direct contact with the end of my shoulder. I pressed down on my shoulder and looked up at him. At least it could've been a direct hit. How did he do that again though? I've been practicing it for a while now but it so much better to actually practice on somebody else.

I put some distance between us then went in again with the move he just threw. Steady your feet, throw back your leg, and use your whole body to kick forward! Then at the last second change angle and swing downward!