Chapter Thirty-Five

Alright! This is it! The day I finally apologize to Vasco! I've been waiting until the first day of our Sophomore year so that I could start the year fresh! Even though one measly apology won't cut it, it's a way to start!

Talking to Ms. Gloria has been a great help to me as well. She even gave me a couple pointers once she found out how much this has been troubling me. The new medication they have me on also feels really nice. Instead of taking it in the morning Doc says it's safe to take them right before lunch.

I've already been taking them for a couple days and I don't seem to be going through any symptoms of any sorts which is a good sign. Doc says that my body is still in an early adaptive period so to still be careful. Nothing too strenuous both physically and emotionally along with the regular precautions that come with taking medication.

Unlike my other medications, whatever Doc has me on actually makes me feel pretty great. Right after I take them I have a thirty minute period of faint nausea, fatigue, and disorientation but I'm pretty sure that's because my body's getting used to them. After that I feel like I've been pumped with a good coffee kick to go on the rest of my day.

I kind of wanted to go see Vasco first thing in the morning but I figured it would be better to see him after school. That way I won't feel rushed with my apology. He deserves it to be long and genuine. Not some rushed half-assed crap coming from some asshole like me.

"Sookie!"

She looked behind her shoulder. Some of the other kids walking into the front gate turned around as I ran over to her. Those that recognized me immediately moved out the way while, who I'm guessing were the freshmen, all stared at me in shock as I grabbed Sookie by the waist and easily lifted her over my head.

"Put me down you damn troll!" Haha! She looked so cute kicking her feet around like that, "Ila, I swear to god I will yell out right here all the damn books on your shelf!"

Oh damn, that was actually a very serious threat. Viola's book covers weren't in any way discrete either. So if any one of these nosy suckers looked up the title, the first thing they were seeing was a grown ass man's very well toned pecs. People already think I'm fucking weird as it is.

I gently put her down, making sure to straighten out the back of her shirt after I did. She gave me a soft glare which I responded to with a very attractive smile. She struggled to keep the frown on her face but she couldn't. In a matter of seconds she was smiling to herself.

I laughed when she playfully punched me on the shoulder. Just like everyone else, I've been so distant with her after what happened so she was probably feeling really good that I seemed back to normal. Damn, I feel good that I'm back to normal and I plan to stay this way.

I took a couple long strides to catch up with her, "So have you gone to take a look at the freshman this year?"

"No, Jeong wanted to mess with them during lunch though. Are you in?"

"Absolutely. Should I play good or bad cop?"

She rolled her eyes at me, "Do whatever the fuck you want. Just don't embarrass me."

"Me? Oh, I would never." I said, greatly offended.

Right as we were making our way to our department building someone caught my eyes. Somebody with a tall heavy body wearing a distasteful look on his face. Logan Lee strutted through the school gates with a clear smile. His white shirt was left unbuttoned at the top revealing the edges of tattoos on either side of his chest. A dark set of pants and dark blue school coat to match.

A small smile spread across my face. Suddenly, I could feel an itch at the back of my neck. I took a couple deep breaths from the weird sensation flowing through my body. It felt like the first day I saw Daniel. Another strong fighter for me to put in there place.