Chapter Forty-Three

(For anyone interested enough in knowing what song she's listening too/P.S, more like what I was listening too while writing this.)

Soft music played in the background of my mind as I calculated every option and replayed every moment of my life. At first I thought it would be enough to go back until I first arrived in Korea but then I remembered the picture they had of me, smiling at the burning fire in front of me. Could whoever this be have been following me since back then too?

We did have a security camera back there but how could they get footage from that? Didn't we get rid of all of that when I changed out the cameras when I decided to rent the place out? They were a bit old so I decided to change them for a better security system. So how the hell did someone get their hands on that?

And what the hell was taking Viola so long to get here?

It's already been fifteen minutes since my Uncle left me alone and she still hasn't gotten here yet. I know for a fact that Viola would come here barefoot if she had too and still get here in underneath ten minutes. Especially if she thought I was in danger.

Something's wrong.

I looked down at the flip phone in my hands for the thirtieth time in two minutes. Still no message. I shut it and rubbed my hands into my face. This was driving me insane. What the hell am I going to do about all of this?

Click!

My head shot up. What the fuck was that? I waited for a moment to see if I heard anything else. After a couple minutes I began to think that I had made it up in my mind but then I heard it again, this time closer. My room...someone's opening the door to my room.

I lowered the volume of the music and did my best to calm down the panic quickly rising up in my chest. At that moment I no longer had the normal confidence that I would go parading around in. Right then, I couldn't want anything more than someone to protect me on the other side of this door.

It's okay.

It's okay.

There was a soft knock on my Uncle's door. I dug my hands into my thighs and forced my breath to slow down. I felt too scared to breathe in fear that whoever was on the other side would hear that I was in there. It's okay. It's okay. It's ok-

"Ila? Can you open the door for me please?"

I let out a sigh of relief. It's just Viola. I looked down at the phone and opened the inbox. That's strange, my Uncle hasn't sent me any message yet. Well...he might be too busy to send me anything right now. I was about to move the cover from my body when I noticed something off about her voice when she called out for me again.

"Ila? Are you in there?"

That's...not her voice. Something about the way she spoke made it seem almost robotic. I froze. Someone else is in here. Oh god, someone else is in here. What do I do? What do I do? I can't call anyone. They'll hear me. I was about to text my Uncle that someone was here when whoever was on the other side of the door violently shook at the handle.

"ILA! OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR!"

BANG!

BANG!

BAANNGG!

"OPEN THE DOOR YOUNG LADY! ILA! ILA! I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE!"

No...