I Get Into a Fight With an 8 Year-Old

They should be getting here any minute now. I folded my hands over the table and focused intensely at the door of the chicken shop. It was Sunday so we were closed for the day but Uncle let me use it for the very important meeting I was about to have with the rest of the girls. This was a life or death type of situation which required as much support as I could get.

"Ila, we're here! What's wrong?! Did something happen?!"

Zoe burst through the door with Mira and Sookie right behind her. All three girls were dressed in jeans and different colored T-shirts. Good, seems like they're dressed appropriate enough for war. I stood up from my seat and slammed my hands on the table.

"Guys, I need your help with something very important but I need to know if you're up to it."

"Of course! What do you need?" Zoe pumped her fists.
Mira gave me a worried expression, "Are you okay? This seems really serious."

Sookie took a seat in front of me and shrugged her shoulders, "I guess, as long as I don't have to do much."

I waited for everyone to be seated before putting a serious expression on my face. When Sookie saw the determination in my eyes she leaned forward with a raised eyebrow. Yes, this was a very bad situation.

"Guys...In a couple of hours we will be facing a very dangerous trail that will probably test our friendships as well as the lengths we are willing to go for each other."

"Bitch if you keep dragging this out I'm leaving." Sookie sighed, "What do you want?"

Damn, why was she being so impatient? Can't she let me be a little bit dramatic? Well, I did text them in the middle of the night asking them to meet me here at seven sharp for something very serious. So I guess they're expecting some sort of shocking or thrilling surprise.

"There's an action figure that I need to buy but they only had one left in stock at the store when I checked last night. So I need you all to wait with me in front of the store and help me get it before someone else does."

I silently watched their reactions. Sookie gave me a completely disgusted look like Mira looked at me a bit more sympathetically. Well, at least Mira and Zoe don't seem completely appalled by me. This was actually really important though. I needed to get this figurine or I might as well jump off the tallest building I could find.

Zoe gave me a confused look, "I didn't know you liked collecting them. Is it a really rare edition?"

"Yeah, it's a Limited Edition Heroman acting figurine in collaboration with Crystal City. It has Heroman wearing a special costume with a cape that glows in the dark."

Heroman was the main protagonist of a children's show that fights for justice by protecting the weak. Crystal city is also a very popular show franchise that runs along the same, protector of the weak kind of character though it's aimed more towards older kids. I found out about the collaboration just yesterday while scrolling through Instagram.

So naturally I looked all over the place trying to find it. I couldn't even find anyone selling them on Ebay or Facebook. Everyone seemed to have gotten their hands on them already. These damn things were more popular than My Little Pony figurines.

When I finally found it in a figurine store in Gangnum, I almost called the store in the middle of the damn night to reserve it. I thought about doing it this morning but they don't open up until twelve so if someone gets there before I call, I was done for. So the easiest solution was to get there before anyone else and buy it.

But I also had to take into consideration that the store was holding another promotion on another series of Limited Edition Figurines for a teenage anime franchise. People will be crowding the stores even right now as we speak. This means I had to prepare a calvary to take with me. That way we could divide and conquer. There also might be some fighting involved if it comes to it.