Chapter Sixty-Two

(Daniel's POV)

"-You need power to protect others, and power equals money. I want to make a lot of money and I have a lot of things that I want to protect. But if I have to abandon what I wanted to protect to get all that power, what good would it do? In the end...you'll be left on your own." - Ep 209: God Dog (11)

Who is Ila?

.

.

.

No...who was she?

She was a bit wild.

Foul mouthed.

Irritable.

A person with anger issues.

But at the same time...she was kind, she was patient, she was smart.

She put everyone before herself.

"I-I..." Her Uncle closed his eyes and took a deep breath, "Ila...she was a complicated person. When her parents died and I was left to take care of her, there were so many thoughts running through my head. One of them being, how could I take care of a child when I've been alone for so long?"

Ila flirted with almost everyone but you could tell when she really liked someone. She would convince herself that she didn't want something until she truly believed it but it's hard to hide our desires. Her eyes spoke mountains. Every single person she laid eyes on, you could tell what they meant to her.

Past all those passive aggressive quips and sassy comments. She was a caring person. She just didn't know how to show it and I think that scared her.

"For a while...I really though-I really thought I had it down. I promised my brother and sister-in-law who are up in heaven, that I would look after her like they wanted to. That I would try my best to make her into a wonderful person like them. As you can see...I couldn't keep that promise."

As loud as she spoke she never did tell us what mattered. She was secretive. If only she had opened up to us more. If she had trusted her friends with her secrets then maybe...maybe she would still be here with us and we wouldn't be stuck in this room crying for her.

Vasco sat next to me with the rest of the Burn Knuckles behind him. All of them had their Burn Knuckles jackets hung over their shoulders and their heads low. You'd think that amongst the Baking Department, a scattered few, and her family, that anyone else would cry like they did. But no...Vasco cried enough for all of us yet it still didn't seem enough.

"The only comfort that I have...is that my ne-my nei-" Her Uncle broke down sobbing and her Aunt reached up to him. Slowly patting his back even though she looked on the verge of breaking down herself. After a while, he composed himself enough to keep on going, "The only comfort I have is that she's resting up there with her parents like God intended.

I know that technically we weren't a real family. That my brother took her in as her own after she was abandoned but I really think, as sad as she became, she really thought of us as family. And that doesn't just extend to me. It extends to all of you, to everyone in this room whom she considered a friend.

We all know that unless it came to insults she was never good with words." A small laugh escaped my lips, "So I'll say that she never had the confidence too."

Thank you

To everyone in this room, thank you so much for being there for me.

I don't know when I started crying. All I remember is having people try their best to comfort me. I was so wrapped up in my grief that when I went home that night, I didn't realize that the door had been unlocked. And if the package hadn't been right in the middle of the entrance, then I might've not noticed it too.

There was no sender.

There was no label of any sorts.

It didn't even have my name.

And when I looked inside, all I could find were two things.

A small flash drive and a note.

If you want to find out why this happened to her, then destroy the Four Major Crews.