Chapter Fifty

*Violent warning. I know this is Lookism and there's Violence every five minutes but seriously, SEVERE VIOLENCE WARNING 18+*

To be honest, after a good five minutes of sneaking into alleyways and ducking behind cars I started to feel a bit dumb. Following the instructions coming from a voice inside your head was already crazy enough. So when said voice starts telling to scale over walls and slither underneath a small delivery truck you really start questioning what's left of your sanity.

Just when I about had it, listening to myself I could feel it. It was the cold shiver down my neck. It was the hairs on my arms. It was the falling breeze of the air. My whole body immediately froze knowing that someone was behind us even though I had no idea where they were. I ducked underneath the nearest car and carefully studied my surroundings.

Everything looked about the same as it did five minutes ago. We were currently on a thin side street with a broken cement road that went up a steep incline. There weren't houses but small warehouses or strange units instead. A few older cars littered the streets with thick layers of dusk piled on their windows. And what little sounds I could hear were coming from the main road about a three minutes run from here if I really booked it. And I was ready to book it.

The thing is, I don't think I would've been that scared if I knew what I was going up against. It didn't matter if it was Gun himself chasing me, it was driving me insane that I didn't know who it was and where they were. It was like asking someone to pick out a blue flower from the ocean. You couldn't see a damn thing except for the very obvious drowning water in front of you.

'They found us.'

What?! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN THEY FOUND US!

Hey! This isn't funny! Why aren't you answering me?! Where the fuck are they?!

I looked around frantically around the dark street. There were no street lights here and for damn sake why the hell did I come here out of all places? Maybe I found some comfort in thinking that the dark would conceal me but at the moment I feel like I've blinded myself from seeing what's so obviously supposed to be in front of me.

It's okay. Everything's going to be okay. You're a strong badass independent woman who makes irrational and irresponsible decisions. You got this. You totally got this. I stuffed my things tightly in my bag then put my hair up into a small ponytail. What my short hair could be put into at least. It honestly just looked like a tiny puffball at the end of my head.

I slowly backed up until I was touching one of the buildings, making sure to never let my eyes blink. The air stinged at my eyes but it was better than being attacked blind-sided. If someone's really here for me then by hell I'm going to beat the shit out of them.

Ba-dum....

Ba-dum....

Ba-dum...m..

Waiting was like hell. Part of me wished that they would just come out with it. There's something even more nerve wracking than waiting for someone to seep their claws into the soft flesh of your neck. It's the constant questioning that I think gets to you. Where are they? Who are they? What do they want with me? Will they come out from here or there? How about now? If I blink will they take the chance to drive a bullet straight into my heart? Or will I be put to sleep again and dragged off to god knows where?

Clack!

My eyes shot towards the center of the road where the sound came from.

Whoosh!

Just as I did there was a faint breeze of something, or more likely, someone brushing against me. I let out a load, womanly, screech before dropping to the floor on my ass then scurrying backwards on my feet. By the time I turned around there was no one behind me. Just the feeling of someone's skin grazing against mine.