Chapter 34 - Escort (4)

[Carlyn]

Age: 16, Stratagem Level 5
Traits: [Death Avoidance], [winds], [Ironman], [Mysophobia], [Worst Condition], [Devil’s Blood], [Eccentric Actions]
Titles: [Quick-witted Impersonator], [Skilled Assassin], [Persistent Shadow], [Resourceful Savior]
In the past three years, I’d grown quite a bit.

Even if I could only see the traits, I’d definitely improved compared to before.

The Inexperienced Trickster had become a Quick-witted Impersonator, and the Inexperienced but Calm Novice Assassin had changed to a Skilled Assassin.

Through infiltration missions, I acquired Persistent Shadow and even gained a new trait from this recent task.

On a separate note, I had some doubts about the Resourceful Savior trait when I first saw it.

Unlike other traits, there was no explanation that it gives any Stratagem experience.

‘It just says that when rescuing someone, your mental and physical abilities are enhanced compared to usual.’

At first, it seemed like a trait that didn’t quite fit with the values of Stratagem. Rescue missions were rare.

It might be useful for guarding missions.

In any case, it wasn’t a bad trait. Once the main story began, there would likely be many rescue missions.

And it had been a while since my Stratagem level increased.

As I got used to the duke’s missions, I didn’t notice much growth in my abilities, so it was quite rewarding.

Even though it was the same practical experience, it felt a bit different.

Anyway, despite this growth, my mind wasn’t at ease.

After escaping from the Kiberun mountain range, ten days had passed. The mission was handled promptly.

Upon arriving in Kahalin, I immediately spoke with Nadmo and the Chief, and we quickly organized the branch.

We couldn’t go directly to the Imperial capital, so we decided to find a nearby hideout to lay low.

‘It was hectic.’

Clearing an entire Merchant Guild in just one day was no small feat. Some losses were inevitable.

In any case, some agents stayed in Kahalin, waiting in case Phiri and the other agents returned.

However, by the seventh day, all of those agents had also withdrawn from this location.

There was still no news from Phiri and the agents.

It was strange, considering that something with the label ‘Savior’ had appeared. I thought at least one person must have survived.

The only contact with the leader was just once. Security was important.

Since there were many people, some of the personnel were sent to other branches.

Mohen was also among them, and he didn’t pay any attention to me here, maybe because I had revealed part of the truth.

But a few people, including the Chief and me, were waiting here.

Perhaps it meant to offer support or join us when news from Phiri arrived…

In reality, after ten days, my expectations weren’t very high.

‘Should I have taken the risk and helped Phiri?’

A small regret crossed my mind, but it was a pointless thought.