Chapter 6 - Imperial Terrorist Denif (1)

“Ugh!”

“Don’t be so dramatic.”

I gritted my teeth and pushed up my arms. It was a simple push-up, but the weak muscles of my frail body screamed in agony.

The man who introduced himself as Marhan stood in front of me, observing me.

It had started as a basic physical training session since dawn. Despite my current struggle, the intensity wasn’t too high.

It was more like a way to assess how well I could use my body.

‘Just looking at what I did earlier, it seems like that.’

That seemed right.

He threw a small fist-sized bag that wouldn’t cause much pain even if it hit me and told me to defend myself.

He even told me to try and catch it if I could, but his speed kept increasing, and in the end, I could only focus on dodging and still got hit.

Being hit by a bag of sand, even though it caused some discomfort, but one that I couldn’t say I didn’t want to do.

Even just putting my hand on the dirt floor was like that.

“Enough.”

At Marhan’s words, I was about to collapse onto the floor but quickly regained my balance and stood up.

It was already an uncomfortable situation due to the sand sticking to my hands and the sweat dripping.

Marhan, with a slightly complicated and disgruntled expression, greeted me as I stood up with trembling legs and arms.

Hmm, did I do something wrong? After catching my breath, he spoke.

“That’s enough for the morning training.”

Morning training?

Actually, it was closer to dawn than morning, but the fact that I had to do this again in the afternoon was despairing.

Even though the training intensity was light, it was too difficult for the body of an orphan.

‘Well, I still have to do it.’

Discomfort and pain would ultimately become nourishment for my survival.

For my own sake, I needed to approach it with sincerity.

“Yes.”

“But you still have to observe. We’re a bit late, so go ahead and have breakfast first.”

“Observe… what?”

In response to my questioning, Marhan gestured behind me. Four people were approaching from the direction of the dining hall.

Two of them appeared to be around my age, while the other two seemed to be around 18 years old.

Well, it wouldn’t make sense for the Chief of Intelligence of the Empire to bring only me alone.