Chapter 15 - Moonlight Technique (1)

It had been about 20 days since the day when I was in my best condition.

At first, I felt a sense of loss. When something that was there was no longer present, the absence felt even greater.

The feeling of being incomplete became much stronger.

Even after watching it two or three times, I couldn’t grasp it just by observation.

‘Even the techniques I tried that day didn’t work as I intended.’

I knew it in my mind, and my body remembered it, but it felt like my current physicality couldn’t keep up.

It was an unavoidable aspect.

To swing the sword as I did back then, I needed to exert six times the strength.

Anyway, now I have readjusted to my original physical state. Many things had changed during this time.

It was not just because I started holding a weapon; it was because of the display I showed that day.

First, I began learning Boutreaux’s swordsmanship early in the morning, but he didn’t pay attention to me.

He solely focused on Denif’s learning speed and conducted the lessons accordingly.

At first, I felt a bit frustrated. It was clear that he was favoring Denif.

Could it be that Denif couldn’t notice it?

But now my thoughts have changed a bit.

Speculatively, after teaching me, he wanted to see what I could do on a day when I was in good condition.

‘He adjusted the speed to match Denif, but he didn’t completely neglect me.’

Marhan, who was watching, didn’t say anything either, and the lessons proceeded normally.

One of the reasons was that the emphasis on physical training had significantly increased.

If, on a day when I was in good condition, I could fully understand Boutreaux’s swordsmanship that I had overlooked…

With my physicality prepared, it would become a training method that accelerated the pace of growth.

‘I won’t know if that will work until I try it then.’

There seemed to be a possibility.

I hadn’t even thought of such a method. That was why I felt that experts were truly different.

‘Even though it’s tough right now, coming here was a stroke of luck.’

The structure of basic training and the utilization of penalty traits in reverse show that.

If I had become an inconspicuous spy for some mediocre noble or trained by myself…

The growth I had now would have been impossible.

If this process continued smoothly, the Worst Condition trait became ambiguous as a penalty trait.

No, in fact, there were already ambiguous parts at the moment.

After growing to a certain extent, it could be used to lull the opponent into complacency and strike at their weakness.

Well, it was a bit too optimistic. I couldn’t determine when I’d have a good condition.

Still, the penalty traits I possessed all had similar aspects.

‘You could say they are double-edged swords.’