Chapter 8 - Herbology (1)

I took a deep breath, feeling my blood pressure rise in real time.

Adapting to this place had been smooth, except for one small obstacle – that guy.

He always picked fights over everything. Ever since he heard I had Mystic, he had been like that all the time.

Well, actually, it wasn’t to this extent at first.

At most, he would give me a disdainful look of “What’s your problem?”

But as time went on, it escalated to the point where he would verbally attack me.

I had a rough idea of the reason.

It was probably because my growth rate as a potential holder wasn’t as outstanding as his.

‘Denif also mentioned that my growth is a bit slow.’

Of course, that speed was limited to the kids the duke personally raised.

Maybe due to the Worst Condition, it felt like no matter how much I trained my body, my stamina wouldn’t improve.

On top of that, due to acquired Mysophobia and my condition, I probably seemed even more detestable.

Denif was straightforward, so I could hear everything without a filter.

He always told me to stop being so gloomy. He even criticized me for being too neat.

But even so, I didn’t understand his psychology.

Denif, Orhen, and Rekun just let it slide, thinking it was just the way he was.

‘Well…’

One of the things I’d learned from living on Earth for 24 years was that you didn’t always need a reason to dislike someone.

There was no need for me to come up with my own reasons and tried to understand his psychology.

He was just a weird guy.

As I felt before, I was curious about Mohen’s talent to the extent that the duke kept him around.

Although it seemed like he was good at it in front of Marhan and the duke…

Most likely, everyone knew.

‘And someday, guys like him will get into big trouble.’

Although I hadn’t had much social experience, I’d encountered guys like Mohen in the military.

Anyway, regardless of my annoyance, I didn’t retort separately.

It wasn’t because of me that we got lost, and to be honest, we weren’t even late, so it felt petty.

I was still a newbie here.

There was no need to create trouble with someone who had spent a few years here for no reason. It wasn’t beneficial to talk back either.