Chapter 32 - Escort (2)

Phiri spoke urgently,

“The plan remains the same. In exactly 30 minutes, leave this place and move to the rendezvous point.”

“Understood.”

Phiri’s brown eyes lingered on me for a moment.

I nodded my head, understanding that it meant not to worry. Finally, Phiri put on the mask and lifted the disguise.

Yet, the unease remained as the gaze returned to me.

“…Be careful.”

“Yes, please take care as well, vice-leader.”

“What do you mean, take care. Don’t use such words. People might think we’re going to die.”

Phiri said with a smirk, giving a sarcastic remark. I also chuckled softly and nodded my head.

“Yes. See you again.”

“Yeah.”

Phiri immediately stomped on the ground, swiftly increasing the distance.

As the Winds erased her footprints, a tremendous presence could be felt from several hundred meters away.

Phiri was emitting magic power. This meant that, under the current circumstances, it was an intention to properly draw attention.

I prepared to move within the disguise.

I organized my magic power and put a dry ration in my mouth.

I didn’t know how things would turn out. I had to eat while I still could.

‘But it shouldn’t be too difficult.’

The search team and the encirclement were rapidly heading northeast. Moreover, Phiri started to become more active.

I wasn’t worried about the escape itself. The problem was, as always, the agents and Phiri.

‘I hope they all stay safe.’

Although Phiri was friendly toward me, she also held a considerably high position.

I had never seen her during the game.

As the leader being a devil worshipper, Phiri needed to be strong so that I could use her as a variable later on.

Even without that, there were many concerns since I came to the empire.

My information might have already fallen into the hands of devil worshippers through the leader or someday it would.

A person with Mystic ability. It was clear that II would become a primary target for capture or elimination.

‘The good thing is…’

No one knew that I had Devil’s Blood. That was a relief.

In the past three years, I had obtained meaningful information about Devil’s Blood.

It wasn’t as dangerous as I had worried about. But it wasn’t safe either.

I heard that Devil’s Blood manifested when a person strongly desires something, to the point where their eye color and atmosphere change noticeably.

Anyway, since I knew the leader’s future, I hoped Phiri would remain unharmed. She was the most powerful and friendly weapon I had against the leader in the empire.

My desire to help was overflowing, but I couldn’t act on it. It wasn’t the time to stay still.

I wasn’t ready for that yet.