Chapter 23 - First Mission (6)

While riding in the carriage, I had a nightmare. It was nothing out of the ordinary.

But the content was different.

Usually, it was just a dream where I struggled under the grip of weak scissors or couldn’t remember anything.

But today, in my dream, I slit the throat of a beggar with a dagger.

Again and again.

The solid sensation of the dagger in my palm and the resistance felt at my fingertips when I sliced the throat were vivid.

Despite knowing it was a dream, I couldn’t wake up or stop my actions.

In the midst of that repetitive moment, the beggar I had killed suddenly grabbed my wrist.

I was startled and opened my eyes abruptly.

I thought it had passed without any real impact, but seeing that I had such a dream indicated otherwise.

I was still myself.

Even though I might be influenced by this body, it would be impossible to simply brush it off as if nothing happened.

‘But I have changed.’

Emotionally, I didn’t feel disturbed when I was awake apart from the nightmares.

The unconscious part of me had an influence, but it seemed to mix in with my body.

“Phew.”

I let out a deep breath. Despite having the nightmare, I felt a little relieved.

I’m still me.

I was worried that my personality had changed involuntarily when I entered the game.

I wondered if I had always been this kind of person.

Well, I had to accept it in order to survive, but it didn’t make me feel good.

However, today, by saving Orhen and having the nightmare, I felt reassured that I was still myself.

‘Let’s go back to sleep…….’

Although my eyelids felt heavy and tired, I felt a slight reluctance due to the nightmares.

I looked around.

Denif was snoring with his mouth open. On the other hand, Orhen was groaning with a grimace on his forehead.

Seeing Orhen made me feel somewhat comforted.

I thought to myself, “I’m not the only one.” In fact, even from the perspective of this world, Denif was the strange one.

After committing his first murder, he could sleep while snoring. He truly resembled a future imperial terrorist.

I put aside my contemplation and closed my eyes. I focused on the flow of magic power within my body.

It was because I felt a sense of calm when I concentrated on the Moonlight Technique.

The jolting of the carriage, Denif’s snoring, and Orhen’s groans faded away.

Internal meditation.

Amidst my drowsiness, I saw a crescent moon. It had the shape of a fingernail but emitted a bright light.

But there was something around the moon.

‘What is that?’

Upon closer inspection, I realized it was Winds. Faint mountain winds instantly grew in size and turned into a gust.