Chapter 3 - I Want to Live (2)

“Follow me.”

The nobleman spoke, handing money to the two men.

Since he was a nobleman and had paid them, there was no problem. I quietly followed behind the nobleman.

‘Do I have to like this or dislike it?’

Honestly, I had some idea why the nobleman was taking me with him.

Nobles in this world generally had some knowledge of magic or swordsmanship, so they must have sensed that I was using Winds.

A talented orphan.

To the upper class, they were convenient disposable assets. If you provided them with meals on time and give them reasonable compensation, they became loyal.

It meant they were suitable to be taken in and raised. Especially since such a person had fallen into their lap.

From the nobleman’s perspective, I must have seemed like a stroke of luck.

I’d encountered similar situations when playing the game.

Sometimes I was recruited as a commoner, and other times I took in orphans and raised them.

At those times, I could see the character’s traits.

When I saw a talented orphan, it felt like discovering a treasure chest. I could raise them as knights or use them as secret agents.

‘Although I’ve been hit in the back of the head quite hard sometimes.’

Anyway, I didn’t question his reason too much.

Perhaps because of that, I felt the middle-aged nobleman scrutinizing me discreetly.

“….”

It was like an evaluating gaze.

It was natural. That person couldn’t see my traits or skills like in a game.

“What’s your name?”

“C-Carlyn.”

“Where are you from?”

“I’ve always lived here… sir.”

The man frowned slightly, and the brief question and answer ended there.

The nobleman seemed to be thinking about something, and I didn’t feel the need to speak further. My head was spinning.

Even though the situation of catching the nobleman’s eye seemed good, it wasn’t necessarily the case.

The problem was that I had chosen my values toward Stratagem.

Valhǫll, which had no separate attributes, focused on raising the value system level as the core of growth.

And to raise value system experience points, you had to act according to the chosen value system.

Once you reached a certain level, you could gain value system traits or skills, making it an essential task.

It was a system similar to leveling up in other games, with only the names being different.

‘But I’m meaningless in terms of combat…’

As an orphan who chose the Stratagem value system, it was best to attract the attention of espionage organizations.

But if the nobleman intended to use me as a combatant, my progress would be hindered.

I don’t know what to do. I couldn’t escape right away anyway.