Chapter 18 - First Mission (1)

Some raindrops falling from the serene gray sky deviated from their formation as the wind shook them, tapping on the window.

Thump, thud—those stray raindrops drummed against the window.

I sighed softly as I looked out the window. Waking up earlier than usual was due to the rain. The incessant sound of raindrops kept me from falling back asleep.

‘Should I sleep a little longer?’

It was a fleeting thought, but I checked the time and shook my head. I was already awake and sitting up in bed.

Besides, I had gotten up because this rain was the first I had ever witnessed in this place I had been for the past five months.

‘It still has its charm.’

Perhaps it felt familiar because I was accustomed to rain in the city?

Seeing the rain after a long time in the early dawn evoked a pleasant emotion and made me quite sentimental.

Maybe it was because I had stepped away from modern civilization that I felt this way.

In this place, without smartphones or computers, the only thing I could do in my spare time was enjoy the scenery.

‘No, wait.’

A shiver ran down my spine for a moment. It wasn’t the time to appreciate the charm.

I couldn’t afford to take a break just because it was raining. Training on the muddy ground while getting wet?

I’d rather die.

Of course, I didn’t really consider dying, but sighing with a hint of frustration was only natural.

Even with the mystic power of Winds, there were limits to blocking rain and mud. It would be fine when I stayed still, but as soon as I moved and lost concentration even slightly, I would be drenched by the rain.

‘I’ll have to wash up after every meal.’

It was a sudden thought, but realistically impossible.

Today seemed like a day that would be mentally challenging rather than physically demanding.

I stretched and settled in my spot, preparing for the training of the Moonlight Technique.

Closing my eyes and focusing, the sound of rain gradually faded away.

A meditative state enveloped my consciousness. A crescent moon radiated light and greeted me. I slowly manipulated the magic power.

By now, the process had become quite familiar.

In fact, unlike physical training, practicing the Moonlight Technique was something I quite enjoyed.

It wasn’t particularly difficult, and focusing on the magic power gave me a sense of clarity in my mind.

‘It’s perfect for thinking.’

The old saying that time was the best remedy couldn’t be more true. Even Worst Condition had become something I had adapted to.

It wasn’t solved by drinking decoctions or tea.

It was just that this state had become the default feeling if you could call it that.

It was like how fitness enthusiasts always lived with muscle soreness.

Still, the decoction and tea given by the doctor did have some effect.

It slightly improved my abilities from the usual half-strength.