Chapter 21

What happened?

Jayden

"Hey, how is she?" I turn to see a concerned Jojo and his mate Zeela.

"I'm not sure... they're checking her. Martha is in there with her." They both nod and head towards the window, where there are a row of seats. Cj, Knox and Kyle rush in.

"What happened?" I'm just staring into space...

"Once I picked her up from the ground she fainted." No one said anything for a few seconds, that felt like ages. Martha walked out of the room.

"They're running some tests. But I need to know what happened tonight." Her face held no emotion as she asked. As if she blocked all feelings to be able to handle when they say what happened.

"Jojo and Zeela, what exactly caused her to run off like that?" They looked at each other, tears beginning to fill up their eyes.

"I don't think it's something we should tell. But what I will say is, keep Robert the hell away." Zeela got up from her seat and ran out crying. Jojo got up and went after her.

"Jojo." He stopped at the door, "Not here..." And with that he ran off. What the hell happened?

"Keep us updated. We are going to head back to the pack house." I look in their direction and nod.

"Thank you both for coming out to help." They both nod and leave. Cj, Martha and I make our way back into Caylee's room.

It's been about thirty minutes, and neither the doctor nor the nurses have said a thing. I'm leaning against the wall in front of her bed, Cj and Martha are sitting by the window. A nurse finally walks in.

"Can you guys tell us what's wrong with her?" I'm starting to lose my patience here.

"The doctor will be in shortly." She looks at Martha and gives her a reassuring smile. As she's walking out, he's walking in.

"She had a horrible anxiety attack and a panic attack. She cried so much she dehydrated herself, which caused her an extreme exhaustion. Which led her to fainting. She needs rest and will be up in a few hours. Aside from the exhaustion, she should be ok." I sigh with relief and nod.

"Thank you doctor." I look at Cj and Martha.

"But, what I did notice are a few healing bruises." I looked at him confused because any piece of skin I can see on her hasn't had a bruise or anything like that.

"Bruises?" Martha asked concerned.

"Yes her back, abdomen, upper leg. They're going away but I am not quite sure what caused them." An anger flared in me not knowing what had caused the bruises.

"We will find out. But she will be ok, right?" Cj asked, I need to calm down. The doctor nods.

"Like I said before, she just needs some rest." We all nod. He nods and walks out of the room.

"You guys can go rest, I'll stay here." They both look at me.

"Are you sure? We can stay and you go." I shook my head.

"No, I'll stay. It's ok, trust me." They both nod and go towards Caylee. Martha kisses her cheek.

"We will be right back in the morning. I love you Caylee." She walks to the side, so that Cj can say good night.

"Good night Cay, I'll be here in the morning."

An hour later and nothing has changed. She hasn't woken up yet... I decide to go sit next to her, I grab her hand, and hold it. My mind is going crazy.

What happened mi amor? What made you run like that? Why are you so afraid of the dark? Amor, who has hurt you? Why did Zeela say she wanted Robert away? Why did she seem so upset?

"Mi amor, wake up please..." I sat there, just holding her hand in mine, feeling all those sparks. Eventually I dozed off, holding the hand of my mate.

My Caylee.