Chapter 22

Too much.  

Caylee

I hear a beeping sound, in the far distance. It’s getting louder… and louder… My hand, it has sparks all over.

He’s here… 

My heart begins to race.

My eyes begin to flutter open. Trying to adjust to the light and see who my mate is… 

“Amor?” 

That voice… 

That too familiar voice… I follow the hand up to see his face.

“Amor, talk to me…” He sounds so worried… 

So sad… 

Our eyes meet, and I’m stuck… 

He’s my mate… 

How can I tell him… 

I didn’t realize I started crying until his hand touched my face, as he wiped my tears away.

“What’s wrong, my love?” I give him a sad smile. His gentleness is the cutest. But deep down I am so afraid. What will he think of me? 

“You’re…” My raspy voice was not it, so I didn’t continue. He poured me a cup of water, from the pitcher next to my bed, and handed it to me. 

“Here, drink” I did. 

“You’re my mate?” I looked at my hands, finding the floating cubes fascinating. 

He gently grabs my face, and lifts it, so that I’m looking right at him. Nodding his head as he gives me his famous smile. 

“Mine. If that’s ok with you, I hope.” His eyes quickly showed how the thought of me not accepting him hurt. 

“Before you choose to accept me there’s so much you need to know…” Looking down again, I start to cry… 

What if he really rejects me over everything Robert has done… 

Oh my Goddess! 

Mom! 

Cj! 

He noticed the fear in my eyes and placed his hands in mine. 

“They’re ok. And when you’re ready to speak, I’m all ears. You’re my mate, I’ll always back you up.” I smiled at him.

“Can we get out of here?” He smiled.

 “Of course, as long as it’s ok with the doctor. And another thing you aren’t going back to that house. If you don’t want to stay in my room yet, I understand. I can just have a room near mine ready for you.” I nod. 

“After we speak, it will determine that.” He called the nurse to have the doctor come into my room, so Jayden can ask if I can leave. 

When the doctor came in Jayden didn’t even let him ask what we needed when he quickly asked if it would be ok to take me home. The doctor agreed but made sure to tell Jayden that he needed to make sure I got enough rest, eat and stay hydrated. And no more stress. The nurse has started the process, so I can get discharged. 

Am I ready to open up to my mate? 

Nope. 

But I have to. He needs to know everything before accepting me. And hopefully after hearing it all he doesn’t reject me and leave me.