Chapter 9

Mall.

Jayden

It’s been two weeks and I’ve been having the same dream every night. I don’t understand it though. Who is she? And why am I dreaming of her? It’s driving me crazy not knowing. I haven’t told anyone about it yet…I mean it isn’t anyone's business. Neither is it something to really be concerned of. It’s just a bit confusing. 

Well, aside from the dream, everyday has been the same. Training, shower, breakfast, and school. Every morning in first period, I say good morning to Caylee. Seeing her blush each time is priceless. She’s been on my mind more than ever and I don’t know what to do. But, it’s nice to see her after school and for dinner as well. It became more of a norm for me.

Today’s like every other day but Jojo asked if I can go pick something up for him at the mall after school. I didn’t really have plans so I said I would. It’s lunch time and I’m sitting with Cj, Knox, and a few others. 

I noticed Caylee, at the table with her friend. She looks so cute, she’s wearing jean overalls with a black long sleeve and her hair is out, with those beautiful curls hanging around. I didn’t realize how long I was staring at her until she looked at me. So, I looked away. 

The school day goes by and I head home. When I get home, I see Jojo but I don’t see Caylee or their other friend. It bothered me a little, but I couldn’t ask without my brother questioning. I went and did my homework before heading to the mall to go pick up Jojo's stuff.

I arrived at the mall and it’s a bit busy. I groan, I hate being around so many people. Even if I’ll be Alpha I dislike people. It’s different with my pack because I know them. Always have, I’ve grown up with most of them. And have seen others grow up. So, it’s not the same. I made my way to the store Jojo sent me to, grabbed his things and decided to just grab something to eat here. 

As I’m walking, almost at the food court, I see Caylee walking out of a store. Someone bumps into her, and it pisses me off. Trying to rush to her, I see him push her to the ground. I heard her cry and cover herself and all I saw was red. 

I grabbed him and slammed him to the other side of the walk way. Caylee's friend tried to get her up, but she just started crying more. I can’t leave her there. I grab Jojo's bag and go to pick up Caylee. I’m walking out with her in my arms. 

“How did you guys get here?” I asked her friend. As much as she’s with Caylee and Jojo I can never remember her name.

“We got dropped off.” She whispered, still a bit shaky from what happened. 

“Let’s go.” She follows me, until we reach my car. 

I place Caylee in the front seat and her friend sits in the back. She’s still crying, covering her face with her hands. I buckle her in and make my way to the driver’s seat. The drive to the pack house is quiet aside from her sniffles.

Once we get there Caylee isn’t crying anymore. Her friend gets out of the car with their bags and says she’s going to head home. She handed me Caylee's bag and she hugged Caylee. 

“I can take you home.” She looked up at me. 

“I can ask Jojo…” She’s talking way too low. At least I can still hear her. 

“I don’t want to bother you anymore… Thank you by the way.” That bothered me but I don’t understand why.

“No, it’s ok. I can take you, come on.” She noticed I wasn’t giving up and got back into the car. I drove off, heading to her house. 

“Are you ok?” She was looking out the window, with a sad expression on her face.

“Yeah…” If I weren’t a werewolf, I would’ve never heard her. She looks so lost in her own head. 

We got to her house and it’s like she hesitated to get out of the car. I walk out and around the car and open her door. I put my hand out and helped her up. I go into the back seat and grab her bags. I walk her to the door, she grabs her bags from me and looks up at me. 

“Thank you…” she said with a sad smile. 

Something is wrong… 

“Are you sure you’re ok?” She looked tired, exhausted, hurt, and the one that threw me off that I saw in her eyes, scared… But, why? 

“I will be…” She didn’t even look at me when she said that. The door opened and we both looked. 

“I’ll be out for the night, I have work to do.” It was her mom, but she wasn’t even looking up to notice who was with Caylee. 

“Mhm” is all Caylee said, but I didn’t miss the worry in her eyes. Her mother finally looked up. 

“Oh, Jayden. Hello, I didn’t expect to see you. I’m headed to the pack house.” I nodded. 

“I just came to drop Caylee off. I’ll be going now.” I looked at Caylee. 

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” I smiled. 

“Good night.” She said with a sad smile and turned in the house. 

Something is wrong and I’m not sure what it is…