Chapter 26

She’s mine.

Jayden

With everything she told me, I never expected her to want me. I did not expect her to feel completely comfortable with me. But she was and she initiated everything that went down. 

She kissed me first! The love I feel for her and the connections is crazy. I’ve heard all about mates and the feeling people get through the mate bond. But those explanations are nothing to the actual feeling. 

I want to forever protect her. Show her the correct way she, as a female, should be loved and cared for. I want to help her become more fearless. I want to help her grow in every aspect. And I want to grow along with her. I want us to become the best Alpha and Luna. And I know we can. The Goddess didn’t unite us for nothing. 

We will get Robert. When the time is right, it’ll all unfold and we will get Caylee some justice. That low excuse of a man has no right to be roaming around freely. My issue is I am not sure if he’s left the territory yet or not. I haven’t heard anything so I just have to keep Caylee safe by all means. 

His karma will come. But until then I will make sure Caylee never fears that man ever again. No man at all. 

I was broken out of my thoughts as I felt my mate moving around in her sleep. It is currently 6:00 am Saturday morning. I didn’t get to sleep much, keeping an eye on my girl. But I’ll rest later. But anyway, being that it is her birthday, I mind linked the cook to make us breakfast and have someone bring it up for me. 

Caylee turned away from me and snuggled into the blanket. I took that chance to get up and head to the bathroom. After a quick shower and the rest of my morning routine, I walked out into the room. Where I saw my mate still cuddled up in the blanket. 

A soft knock made me rush to the door so they didn't wake her. I grabbed the food and thanked the maid. I placed the tray of food on the nightstand and headed back to the bed. I placed light kisses all over her face. But I quickly stopped when she jumped out of her sleep and pushed herself away from me. 

I can not lie that hurt. 

“Amor…” I called out to her. But she was in a fetal position holding herself. Crying. I understand why, but it still hurts a bit. He really broke her. 

“Amor… It’s just me.” I didn’t want to scare her some more, but I also wanted to hold her till she was no longer afraid. I slowly got closer to her, inch by inch. 

“Caylee… I’m going to hug you ok?” I reached for her and wrapped my arms around her. She tensed at first and then she loosened up. But she began to sob. An uncontrollable sob. As if she’s finally releasing everything she’s hidden. I simply held her. And reassured her with sweet comments. 

I will never let anyone hurt my Caylee ever again. 

We were in that position for a while. The food is probably frozen by now. I can just get it warmed up for us once she’s really ready to eat. I picked her up and brought her to the bathroom. I sat her at the edge of the bath as I ran it for her. I added some oils and bubbles to relax her. Once the bath was ready, I helped her take off my shirt. I threw it to the side, I picked her up and gently placed her in the bath. 

“I’ll be right back amor.” She looked at me quickly with sad eyes. “I promise it’ll be quick.” She nodded and I hurried out. 

I grabbed the tray of food and headed to the kitchen to warm it all up. On my way back up, Cj comes into view. He was talking to his mother, who clearly was still worried about Caylee. They instantly turn their heads in my direction and speed walk over to me. 

“How is she? Where is she?” They both asked at the same time. I lifted my hand so they don’t question me more, so I can answer them and get back to Caylee. 

“She is managing. She isn’t physically hurting right now. I have to hurry up and get back to her. We will be meeting with you both soon. Just let me get her to eat.” They both looked at each other and then at me. 

“We? Why would you have to be there?” Asked Martha, I believe Cj might already have an idea because he was there when I picked up a scent that they did not. 

“Caylee is my mate. I have to get back to her now. We will meet you both soon.” And with that I walked away. I took long enough.