Chapter 4

Strong?

Caylee

The two weeks flew by and nothing has changed at all. Same everyday life… 

Tomorrow is the first day of Junior high. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. 

Today, mom is working with the Alpha until late. She slept all morning since she worked the overnight shift at the hospital. I’m in no mood to cook, so I texted Jojo and asked if it would be ok for me to join them for dinner at the pack house. Cj lives over there as well, since he’s eighteen and doesn’t have a mate yet. Also because he’s the next Beta. 

Jojo comes to pick me up and we head to the pack house. We are grabbing our plates and head to take a seat. I’m sitting at a table with Cj and Jojo on each of my sides. Leaving Jay, Knox, and his younger brother Kyle around the rest of the table. Knox is Jay's future Gamma and Kyle is around mine and Jojos age. 

As we are eating, I feel someone looking at me. As I look around it’s Jay. But I brush it off and finish up my dinner. After dinner Jojo takes me home, and before I go inside Jojo calls me. I look back at him as he speaks up again. 

“Are you ok, Cay?” I give him a sad smile and nod. 

“Are you sure?” No, I’m not… but I nod again. 

“Ok. Good. I’ll be here at seven to pick you up.” I gave him a small smile. 

“Good night Jojo” And I walked inside. I tried to be as quiet as possible, hoping tonight I’d be left alone. 

But of course not. The minute I passed by the living room I heard him. 

“And where have you been?” A girl can only wish… right? 

“I’ve been waiting for you. I haven’t even had dinner.” He rushes to me and throws me into the opposite wall. 

I’m already in tears… What have I done so bad to have a life like this? He drags me by my hair and throws me into my room. He starts kicking me everywhere. Literally everywhere. I felt every single kick. Heard the loud impact of each hit.

Being a wolf, he knows most bruises will be gone by the morning… 

So he takes advantage.

At least he doesn’t kick nor hit my face. Maybe because it’ll make it too obvious. 

And here I am, silently crying… When he’s had enough, he picks me up and throws me on the bed. He pulls his pants down and does as he pleases. Until he’s satisfied… 

I just don’t understand why this is the life I was given.