Chapter 37 : Trials & Tribulations

"I still can't believe I'm just now finding out you're pregnant, girl we are best friends!," Skye yelled.

"I know. Everything just happened so fast."

"Seems like the last time we spoke you guys were figuring out if you wanted to be official, now this. I'm happy for you though," she smiled.

No matter what I would always have her support, she was the real definition of a best friend.

We were sitting in rocking chairs in the middle of target, taking a break from some baby shopping.

I sipped on a cold green apple boba slush as I rocked back and forth.

I was now about 5 months along, my ultrasound appointment with my Obstetrician was later this afternoon.

Deion agreed to meet me and Skye there, I wanted them both with me for this appointment so that meant a-lot to me.

The plan was to get the genders of both babies placed in an envelope so we could have a reveal party with close friends and family later on this evening.

"Has your mom reached out to you at all?," Skye asked.

"Of course not. That's nothing new though," I replied standing on my feet.

"You don't think maybe she would want to be involved at all Nae?"

"I don't care what she wants. She's not coming near my children," I snapped.

My mother was an instant trigger for me, she'd abandoned & harmed me emotionally in ways a lot of people just didn't understand.

I was at least glad I had met Ms. Sonya, Deion's mom. She had been nothing but loving and supportive towards me.

"I get that best-friend I do, but these are her first grand babies. What about Masika?," she asked.

"No. Just no. Drop it."

She nodded her head in agreement.

I might've come off a bit harsh but I have every right to protect the family I'm creating.

We continued walking through the baby aisles placing a few things in the shopping cart.

"I'm gonna go get the car so you don't have to walk as much I'll be right back," Skye announced, she took the shopping cart with her and walked in the direction of her car.

I loved my new SUV but I never turned down an offer to be a passenger princess, like ever.

"Oh my god Naomi? Is that you?," a familiar voice asked.

I turned around to see none other than my sister staring standing behind me. Speak of the devil.

"Yeah. Hi Masika."

I didn't have the energy or time to argue with her or be chaotic, so I just told myself I'd play nice.

"Are you pregnant?"

Nah shit I swallowed a watermelon!

I wanted to be rude to her, but I just quietly responded,"Yes. I'm pregnant."