Chapter 31 : Pray Part 2

When I resurfaced I had quite a few nurses and a doctor standing over me, I was now laying down in a hospital bed.

"Can you hear me okay Naomi? I'm Dr. Neal."

I still felt as though I couldn't say much but I managed to nod my head so that he knew I was understanding him.

"Good, very good. You passed out and now we have you hooked up to an IV and a blood pressure machine to monitor you for a little while. Is that okay?," the doctor asked.

"Yes," I silently answered.

The nurse that had told me about this pregnancy test offered to sit with me for a bit but I told her I was okay and just wanted privacy.

She agreed she would go get an update on Deion for me and come back to let me know shortly.

All I had been thinking of had been Deion and if he was okay this whole time, but now my mind was completely centered on one major thing.

I was pregnant.

I didn't even think that was actually possible.

Before you guys say anything I'll briefly explain why I say that.

I'd had so many pregnancy scares in the past with an ex of mine that always ended with me getting my period, so I thought I was infertile after awhile.

I had actually come to terms with the fact that that was the case.

Children weren't in my plans, especially not right now when I was just landing my dream job.

I get it, I should've been more cautious, but at first we were very cautious. I guess the lines had just blurred.

The good news was that I was extremely early into this pregnancy, I had to be.

So I had time to make a choice, and in this moment I think I knew what that choice was.

I couldn't keep this baby. I'd never survive the constant gossip about how this came about, my career would be ruined.

Knock knock!

"Come in," I yelled out weakly.

"I just checked in and Deion is out of surgery, he's stable and in good shape, he's actually asking for you," the nurse told me.

Suddenly all the pain and weakness I felt turned to strength as I quickly hopped out of the bed.

"Whoa there take it easy, you should lay back down for a bit," she advised.

"I'm fine. I need to check on him. Please take me to him I'll let you keep an eye on me the whole time," I begged.

She nodded her head and patted the seat of a wheelchair signaling me to sit in it.

As she rolled me towards Deion's room I quickly thought about and realized I couldn't tell him anything about my situation.

There was no telling what he would say or do knowing this information so I was just going to hide it for now, it was my choice to make with my body.