Chapter 21 : Imagination

Back To Naomi's POV

** SEXUAL CONTENT BELOW **

————————————————————————

"I'm good now Naomi," Deion answered from the other line.

I sighed.

His voice sounded oddly calm, which I was relieved to hear.

I'd chosen to leave the office shortly after his altercation with his brother because it just felt like the right thing to do in that moment.

He was heavily upset at the time and as badly as I wanted to stay there and hold his hand through that, I couldn't.

We couldn't risk anyone in our office knowing we had something going on. At all.

"How was everything in the office after I left did Mateo say anything?," I asked him.

"Not really. He said he was going to keep everything under the wraps at the end of the day I am his boss."

"Exactly. Did you run into Isabel? I probably worried her, I was supposed to grab lunch with her but when I left out the back I wasn't thinking about any of that."

"I did. She said she'd text you or something. I might've accidentally made it kinda obvious we fool around," he laughed.

"What?! Deion!," I squealed.

"Oh chill out. It wasn't nothing like that, she just looked a little surprised she forgot you were my assistant."

Ugh. I nearly had a panic attack over nothing.

"Fair enough."

"I got into it with Jacob and Yvonne when I got home. So that's how great the rest of my day has been," he announced sarcastically.

"They were at your place?"

"Yup. Both of them. My mom as well."

"Oh boy. That sounds like a lot to come home to."

"I wish I was coming home to you instead," he flirted.

I rolled my eyes, "You don't mean it."

"Why don't I?," he asked.

"Eh. I don't know."

I started fidgeting with the hem of my nightgown and smiled from ear to ear as I sat on the phone with Deion for over an hour joking back and forth.

"Thank you for calling me Naomi, I needed some peace after all the chaos I was handed today."

"It's not an issue at all."

"I just don't want you to feel like you're gonna always have to fix me or be there to help me. You're already my assistant in the business world, in our personal life I don't want that for you," he assured me.