Chapter 4 : Friday

Chapter 4 : Friday

** SOME Sexual Content In This Chapter **

I woke up Friday morning feeling like my stomach had been tied in a knot. It felt worse than how your stomach felt on the first day at a new school or job, much worse.

To make matters worse I'd stayed up and bitten my lip raw last night from the anxiety of this first presentation. I applied some ointment to it so I wasn't looking crazy.

Isabel and Deion both had assured me I'd do great based off how quickly I was catching on and how great my work was, but I was still my biggest critic.

After sitting on the edge of my bed staring at the blank wall to the side of my room for what felt like forever I finally pulled myself together and begun to get ready for work.

I grabbed a towel and quickly headed towards the shower. I was going to have to be in and out of the shower because my hair needed to be perfect today, it had to be.

Thank god I had a hair appointment this weekend to get braids done so I wouldn't have to worry about tussling with my thick ass hair every day of the week for awhile. It was exhausting to say the least.

After I hopped out the shower I played some old school Biggie out loud on my speaker while I begun to detangle my hair. It wasn't as bad as I thought thankfully.

Moments into doing my hair my phone began to ring interrupting my old school jams session.

Who the hell was calling me this freaking early? Pfft.

I answered the phone quickly without looking closely at who was calling. Big mistake.

"This better be good interrupting my music!," I yelled into the phone.

"I would think so Ms. Smith. Good morning," Deion chuckled from the other line.

My eyes widened as I realized that I'd actually talked to my boss like that. Shit.

"Oh- my, um. Mr. Rivers, I'm sorry," I struggled with my words.

"You're fine. It's early. Early as hell. Remember what I said about calling me my grandpop's name."

"Oops. Sorry. I, uh I just wasn't expecting your call," I replied.

"I know. I was just calling to tell you the meeting got pushed down to 10:30am. So don't be too frantic. Get your latte, take your time."

He actually remembered that I drank lattes?
Was I important to him or did he just make lots of observations?

I snapped out of my thoughts and responded, "Oh okay that's great. I appreciate that. I'll see you in a bit."

"Looking forward to it Ms. Smith."

"If it's okay with you just call me Naomi, maybe?," I asked nervously.

"That's fair. See you shortly Naomi."

My name coming out of his mouth sounded so much better than when anyone else said it. It was just something about his voice, his whole demeanor.