Chapter 5 : Chill

Chapter 5 : Chill

"I know you fucking lying!," Bri yelled from the other end of the phone.

I had her on speaker phone while I was blow drying my hair out for my hair appointment.

It was Saturday morning and I was giving her the tea on what had went down with Marcus last night. I still couldn't believe I'd been dumb enough, well drunk enough to call this man another man's name.

"Bitch I swear," I laughed.

"What did he even say back to that?," she asked.

I could tell she was trying not to scream while laughing.

"He was like who the hell did you just call me? I had to think quick girl my chest was hurting."

"You are out of order! First of all I can't believe you haven't already told me about this boss of yours, like what is going on over there?!," she responded.

"Girl it's not that deep with him. Back to the story though I had to come up with a quick lie. I said it was this TikTok guy I followed that I had just noticed on a couple of videos. He wasn't happy to hear that but I couldn't tell him it was my damn boss."

"You better hope he don't find out," she giggled.

"He's not. I'm careful I got this."

"Did you decide what color you're gonna do your braids?"

"Yeah. Like a black and blonde ombré kind of color," I replied.

I had considered doing burgundy since it was my favorite color for braids but decided to switch it up this time around.

"It's gonna look so cute! Well anyways I'll let you finish getting ready. FaceTime me when it's done later, love ya!"

"Love you too bestie, bye," I replied, disconnecting the line.

When I finished blowing my hair out I walked into the kitchen and popped an aspirin into my mouth washing it down with a glass of lemon water.

I had a killer headache from the hangover I was dealing with but I had to get to this hair appointment. It wasn't a choice.

I'd already showered before blowing my hair out so now all I had to do was put on something comfortable but cute enough to take some pictures in when my hair was done.

Dina always took hundreds of pictures of her clients when finishing their hair, especially me. She was my go to braider but also my cousin. So that had a lot to do with it.

I decided to wear a simple black halter top with a pair of blue biker shorts. I normally felt insecure about showing my tummy but lately I'd started gaining some of my confidence back. So I just went with it.