Making Up

Valt tried to take care of Shu while he was sick. I had to keep an eye on both of them since Valt didn't really know the first thing about taking care of a sick person.

I made Shu soup for dinner and tried to get him to eat it. But Shu didn't want it at all.

"I'm not hungry," he said.

"Don't be a baby," I said. "Just eat a little."

When it was time for Shu to take his medicine, he went under the blanket. "No, I won't take it," he said.

Wow, who would have thought that Shu could act so childish when sick?

"Come on," I said. "You want to get better quickly, right?"

"Fine," said Shu.

My birthday party had to end early so that Shu could rest without any loud distractions. I assured Valt that I could look after Shu.

We watched Anastasia on TV together. It's about a princess who has amnesia and is looking for her family.

I ate most of the popcorn in the bowl we were supposed to be sharing as Shu didn't like the taste of popcorn at the moment. I'm not sure if Shu was even watching the movie. He stared blankly at the screen the entire time.

I know that Anastasia was a real-life person, but her fate wasn't a very good one. I even tried to walk like a lady like how it was shown in the movie.

What was it again? Shoulders back and stand up tall, and do not walk, but try to float. I felt quite foolish just like Anastasia in the movie.

The scariest part of the movie for me was when Anastasia had a dream that caused her to almost sleepwalk off the ship. I realized that sleepwalking is a lot more dangerous than I thought.

Shu had fallen asleep in the middle of the movie, so I just let him rest. I hoped that he wouldn't sleepwalk again.

The next day, Shu's fever had gone down, but he was still a little unwell, so I told him to rest.

Shu groaned. "But it's boring staying in bed all day," he said.

"I'll stay with you and talk," I told him. "We can watch something else today."

We were watching The Princess Diaries when the doorbell rang. To my surprise, Free De La Hoya was standing outside. His arm was bandaged just like Shu's.

"Free, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I wanted to make sure that you were okay," he said. "It seems like Theodore Glass put you through a lot."

I felt nervous. I didn't want Shu to get all jealous again. He really didn't like Free talking to me.

Shu wasn't really happy about Free visiting, but guess what? Free apologized to Shu.

"I shouldn't have said what I said after our battle," said Free. "What I said was thoughtless and insensitive. I didn't really understand you at first. To me, you were just another opponent."

"What made you change your mind?" asked Shu.

"It was your girlfriend here," said Free. "She made me see the person you really are. Valt also told me stuff about you."

I knew that in the show, after Valtryek's tip was broken, Free questioned Valt why would his friend do something like that. Then Valt said that it was Red Eye that did it, not Shu.

"I didn't know that I was flirting with her," said Free. "Believe me, I have no interest in dating her. Besides, it's obvious that you two are perfect for each other."

"I... I'm really fond of Rose," said Shu. "She's very special to me."

"Shu, I don't want to date anyone except you," I said. "So you don't have to get jealous."

Still, Shu looked annoyed when Free had a conversation with me. I was tempted to search up, Is there a cure for jealousy? on my phone.

The next day, Shu was completely better and was packing up to go back to Japan. I had agreed to go with him. My parents made me promise to call them every day.

However, the thought of traveling by plane again made me nervous. Shu noticed it when I started to sweat during takeoff.

"You okay?" he asked.

"I... Think that I have a fear of flying," I said.

Shu slipped his hand through my fingers to calm me down. I felt a little better.

I think that I must have dozed off for a bit, for the next thing I knew, my head was on Shu's shoulder. Luckily he was asleep too.

Well, at least I didn't have to worry about Shu sleepwalking in the plane as he was wearing a seatbelt.

Shu didn't look like he was having a peaceful rest though. He kept moving about muttering, "Please stop. Please stop." Was he having a nightmare?

I had to wake Shu up after that. He woke up in a cold sweat.

"You okay?" I asked.

"No," said Shu. "I dreamed that the Requiem bet was possessing me again. It was scary."

I sighed. Clearly Shu had some bad PTSD.