Mexico

It all felt like a dream. Shu going missing, that is.

I don't quite remember calling my friends and telling them the news. They were all worried. Valt panicked when he heard. 

And that's how the entire Beyclub (except Ken) and I ended up in Wakiya's private jet talking about where Shu could be. And because I had discovered that Shu was missing earlier than Wakiya would have, nobody knew who was participating in the world league yet. Valt and Rantaro had barely finished their match against the Royals (the team from England, not the real royal family).

We all watched the last match Shu had been in on a screen. I noticed that Shu seemed a little off. He never said a word and just seemed blank the entire time. What had he been thinking? Why hadn't I watched that match earlier? It had taken place two days before Shu disappeared.

Correction: He went to the Snake Pit. But why? I still hadn't been able to get a hold of him since our last conversation. I tried texting him, but although he read the messages, he never responded. I wondered if I should text him that I knew that he was in the Snake Pit. No, that would scare him.

Kairi also heard about this and was concerned. Since she had known Shu for a long time, Wakiya decided to pick her up from Japan so that we could all search together. 

"We're going to Mexico!" announced Wakiya.

"To Mexico?" asked everyone else.

Wakiya then proceeded to tell everyone about the Snake Pit. Everyone agreed that Shu may have gone there to become stronger.

"Actually," I said. "There is something else you should know. Shu was getting picked on my his teammates."

"Shu was bullied?" asked Valt. 

"And when Free came to the Raging Bulls, he took an interest in me and Shu got really jealous. It was so awkward that I started avoiding the Raging Bulls. Then on the day he went missing, an old friend of mine, Valt, she's not old, so don't ask, invited me and Shu to go to the amusement park with her. I called Shu and told him about it. But he just told me not to call him again and hung up."

"You actually got Shu to talk to you?" asked Rantaro. "He has been ignoring the rest of us."

"Well, he's not responding to me anymore," I said. 

Well, remind me to never go on vacation to Mexico. Because the heat is that bad. I didn't understand how everyone else could wear their normal attire here. 

On our way to the hotel, I noticed that something was off. Hang on, where was Cuza?

You're here earlier than in the show, came a voice from inside my head. Cuza probably isn't here yet. 

Uh oh. Cuza needed to come along on this trip. He had to meet up with the Beyclub and go to the Snake Pit with them. This didn't sound good.

We all checked into a hotel. Valt and Rantaro shared a room. So did Wakiya and Daigo. Which left me and Kairi. 

"You're worried about Shu, right?" Kairi asked me.

"Yeah," I said. "I'm worried that he may be in danger." This was technically true, but I couldn't tell her that.

"Well, there's something you should know," said Kairi. "Once back in first grade, we went on a school field trip to a play area. It was a lot of fun. Half of us fell asleep on the way back home. But then the next day, Shu didn't come to school. Valt though that he was sick and went to his apartment with his Mom after school. But he wasn't there."

"Where did he go?" I asked.

"It turned out that Shu got left behind at the play area!" said Kairi. "He wasn't discovered until the next day. He was starving and terrified. The school tried calling his parents to apologize for not taking good care of him, but they didn't care at all."

I felt sick. Shu's parents really seemed to hate him. I felt really bad for him. And he had been left behind at a school trip. I would be terrified if that happened to me.

"Found it!" I heard Wakiya say. He had found a picture of the Snake Pit building online.

"That doesn't look anything like a snake or a pit," said Valt. Oh why does he have to be so innocent?

"So we're going there tomorrow?" asked Kairi.

"Wait, is it a good idea for you two?" asked Daigo. "You two could be running into danger."

I shook my head. "I'm coming too."

Kairi nodded. "Yeah."

"Alright," said Wakiya. "We will start off tomorrow morning."