26:Let's hope for the best

okay guys so i couldn't post the chapter for last night i was really busy and didn't find the time to so here i'm posting it today forgive me for the delay enjoy :)

riyaz left the second they understood that this isn't something they can fix not this relationship not their image not anymore what's happening now is anushka is getting interrogated on what she said in front of everyone "what did you even mean by that?" their parents asks "chachi i know your'e worried but..." she cut in between "but what anu? sweetie you don't have to marry anyone just because you want to see us happy or you don't want anyone blaming us because of you that's not the case here okay we won't be happy knowing you are not and we don't care about the damn image we love you and we care about you alone" she said everything wanting to convince her "i know and i love you too but just trust me this once okay i know what i'm doing please" they sigh and nod before they leave the room jai is standing beside the wardrobe and avneet was sitting on the bed now she is standing in front of anushka "tell me your'e just lying" she said but anu shakes her head "how did you even think of it anu you know you are being ridiculous" avneet looks frustrated of course it's her sister who's making wrong choices according to her again "avu please let me do this i trust him he is nothing like riyaz" she protested "i know anu i know he isn't but you can't just marry someone because you trust them there are other things too" she said "like love?" avneet looks down at her hands regretting what she said "i don't think it's there i have tried it once it didn't went well now i'm trying a different thing" she said with a smile the one that's sad "did you ask him?" avneet asks "no he did" she replied.

"don't tell me your'e thinking of marrying him anu you can't"

"please dev i made this decision after many doubts...."

"that's right you should have doubts anu he's a jerk you can't marry him because of what he said i knew the moment  i saw that look on your face that you'll consider that"

"he was my choice"

"and people make wrong choices it's common we're humans the thing here is that i'm not letting you marry him and i promise that"

'you are making it sound even worse"

"because it is worse i'm sure your family would say the same thing anu this isn't the 90's you have to take stand for this don't let him play with your mind"

"dev i don't want to b e the victim i don't want people pitting on me i have had that all my life i don't want this anymore i don't want to look week"

"and you think accepting his offer would make you feel strong"

"to the world? yes. to me? i'm not so sure"

"because you know this isn't something you want" 

"dev i want my family to know that i'm happy i don't want them to feel bad for me i don't want them to think that they could've done better i don't want them to be embarrassed in front of everyone the wedding date is fixed tomorrow and if i say know they would have to cancel on everyone and obviously they would ask questions what do you think chahu and chahi would feel i don't want them to get hurt because of me no i can't do this i'll marry him if it means that my family will be happy and proud" "then marry me"

"what? now your'e out of your mind"

"i'm serious if you really want to marry someone then marry me you know me you can trust me you know i'm nothing like him and besides if this is what you want to do then i can be a part of this let him be"

"you are talking crazy you know it's not about me dev i can't do this to you"

"it's okay i'm willing to do this it's not you who asked"

"no i can't"

"okay then you are not marrying him either we'll figure something out i have an idea we can make an announcement on social media you can say that yo were with him because you wanted to expose him because he cheated on one of your friends and that you were never in love with him and this way you want be the victim and he will be exposed you don't even have to worry about this"

"okay we'll do that"

deep down anu knew she was doing somethings that's a white lie of course she was coming out clean but who cares the world is selfish anyways you'll have to live with these things she got up and leave for her room she keep thinking of what dev said and it does make sense she pick up her phone and send ia quick text "is the offer still on the table" he replied after a few seconds "it never left" she took a deep breath "i'm in"

"so he's technically your childhood friend the one who left when you were a kid" avneet asks piecing it all together "yeah" she replied "anu..." she started but anu stopped her in between "will you guys please trust me i know i made a wrong decision but i'm sure about this please don't make me think again i have came to the decision after thinking way too much...." anu was going on about it but jai stepped in between "fine alright you can do what you want to just make sure that this is exactly what you want it's your life anu you wouldn't be able to blame anyone except for yourself and believe me it's really hard to blame yourself for anything you always want someone to put the whole blame on and maybe you'll end up blaming him if it's both of your decision then he doesn't deserve it either" he explained to her "i know i won't promise" that didn't make them feel any better but at least she was doing something she wanted and if she was sure about this then they can live with that for now.

"mumma i'll explain..." dev always called vibha  mumma when he was a kid abhi and sid used to call her that so he picked it up from the "just tell me your'e not marrying her because you feel pity" she asks directly "no of course not i'm proud of her for what she did it's both of ours decision i just want her to know that she's worth more than what he made her feel i would never pity her for anything" he told her and she smiles "okay then i don't have any problem you can do whatever you want too" she smiles at him and left the room sid who was standing at the doorway looked at him his brows frowned "so you told her?" he said "told her what exactly?" he asks in return "hat you have feelings for her" dev look at him shocked and confused then he sighs "did you?" he shakes his head and sat on the edge of the bed "why?" he asks sitting next to him "because she clearly told me before all this even happened that she's over the love phase she just wants someone to trust her for what she is and loving is off the track" he said "so she has stopped believing in love" sid asks "no she thinks it's just not for her" he replies "so you would never tell her?" he questions "not never but not now either" he replies "did you tell avneet that you love her?" dev asks with a smirk on his face "for the love of god i'm not in love with her" he said irritated and dev chuckled they both know what they are telling themselves isn't something they are capable of doing but the only thing they can do is go with the flow.

okay guys this is it for today hope you like it do vote and comment i'll see you next weekend bu bye qt's.

Your Author: Tia