Chapter Forty-Two

Pretty little bird
Pretty little bird
You've hit the window a few times

You pretty little bird
Pretty little bird
You still ain't scared of no heights
When the spiral down feels as good as the flight up
When hating you feels good for the night
When the morning comes I hope you're still mine

Sza - Pretty Little Birds

"Wake up...angel." Fernando hummed, stroking my cheek with the pad of his thumb, and I opened my eyes, groaning with exhaustion.

"Morning." I whispered, snuggling further in to his chest.

"Morning beautiful." he said, pushing some hair out of my face and I smiled softly.

"I know you're tired, but you have to get up." he spoke, his words making me groan

"Just a few more minutes." I told, my arms tightened around him as I stuffed my face in his neck, inhaling his scent.

He chuckled lightly.

"I would love for you to stay in my arms all day, but, I have some very important business to handle, and I can't put it off." He informed, and I grumbled, forgetting for the slightest moment that he had some stupid sit down to attend.

"Jazmin." He rubbed my arms, hoping I would loosen them. But I didn't. I didn't want to leave his embrace, at least not yet.

Next thing I know, I'm being lifted from the bed and carried bride style. "Where are we going?" I questioned, my arms never dropping from around his neck.

"Well, you refuse to detach yourself from me, so I have no choice but to bring you to the shower with me."

"Oh, okay." I smiled, resting my head on his shoulder as we entered the shower.

Showering took all of twenty minutes between the two of us. Leaving the bathroom, my exhaustion and need to be in his arm had slowly begun to simmer.

"I'm going to head into my room. Brush my teeth and get dressed." I informed him, while tightening his robe around my body. It fit loosely, but the soft cotton on my skin was most comfortable.

"Okay, I'll meet you downstairs," Fernando replied, using a towel to dry his dark hair.

"How about a kiss before I go?" I asked, my lips puckered up, ready for him to lay a smooch on them.

"Mhm..." He hummed, looking down at me, "You should probably hit that mouth wash first." He proposed a hint of playfulness to his tone, yet I gasped, slapping his wet chest.

"My breath doesn't smell so bad that you would deny me a kiss ..."

"... or does it?" my eyes widened, and I brought my hand up to cover my mouth.