Chapter Thirty-Five

"How can I be of assistance?" Felix said as he entered my office, I grabbed the manila folder off my desktop and handed it over to him, allowing him to look through it before speaking

"What is this?" Felix asked, clearly confused by the contents inside.

"A mark."

"What do you mean, more importantly what has he done?"

"Go on, read what he does for a living?"

"I did, he practically owns half the real estate in Miami."

"A little further down.." I urged him to read on, he did a quick scan over the paper before his eyes widened with realization and I smirked.

"He recruite coyotes to bring over girls from the other side of the border."

"He's trafficking?"

"Si."

"That don't make no sense. That dude is rich. Why would he be messing with trafficking?"

"Five hundred a day per girl. That's, what, twenty thousand a girl?"

"Wow, now I understand why you need me to make a trip to Miami, he's making alot of money and doesn't seem to be kicking anything upstairs to the powers that be."

"That he is but I don't need you to do this job for the benefit of the family, in fact it's a favor for the Guerrero's."

"Marcus asked for this?"

"No, it's a favor to his son. He provided me with some very useful information."

"Okay, but I don't understand why he wouldn't just get his men to do it or hire a hand, I know they have the resources necessary to make it happen?"

"Well, let's just say he thinks your the best man for the job."

"Right. So he wants us to do his dirty work so when it or if it backfires we'll be in the ones to pay the price...sounds like a set up."

"Make up all the irrational scenarios you want all I need is a yes or no answer to the job."

Felix sighed deeply, rubbing his chin as he gave it some thought before giving an exact answer.

"I can make it happen."

"Bueno."

Suddenly the door was pushed open, and Mateo was entering.

"Sorry to interrupt, gentleman." Mateo said, standing by the door while Felix went over to sofa in the back and took a seat.

"What is it?"

"I just got back from doing some research on this Corea character and I thought you'd want to discuss what I discovered. "

"What have you discovered?"