Chapter Twenty-Three

I must've fallen asleep after we returned from our shopping trip because the next thing I know, I'm being shaken awake

"Jazmin. Get up." Fernando's deep voice invaded my ears and interrupted my peaceful sleep.

"Why?" I grumbled, but didn't open my eyes.

"You need to get ready ... We have to be out of here by eleven." He told me.

"What time is it?"

"Almost ten." He answered. I opened one eye and glanced at the alarm on the nightstand.

"The clock just struck nine. I got time." I said, rolling over.

"And it's going to take you forever to even get dressed, so get your ass up!" He shouted ... Smiling internally. I ignored him and continued to fake sleep. Next thing I know, I'm being lifted off the bed and carried bridal style.

"What are you doing?!" I shrieked.

"Carrying you, I told you to get up, and you didn't listen, so you left me with no choice." He responded, unfazed by my yelling.

"I'm up now, so let me down!!"

"As you wish," He says, and just like that, he opens his arms and allows me to free fall to the floor.

"Ow, that hurt!" I whined, rubbing my bum.

"I'm sure that ass was cushion enough." He replied with a smirk. I rolled my eyes, got up off the floor and head into the bathroom.

For the next hour, Fernando and I took turns going in and out of the restroom. While it was inconvenient, it worked for us, and by the time the clock struck ten, I was able to ascend from the bathroom fully clothed.

"It's fun to be right." Fernando spoke as he examined my body with his eyes. I had gone with his choice. The dress was brown and midi length. It had a ruffled hem, a high scooped neckline with a low back, and the soft mesh fabric felt delightful against my skin. I paired this with black padded heels, and I pinned my usual wild tresses back into a modest bun.

"Can we just go?" I spoke, dully.

"Eager to go out, are we?"

It tempted me to say 'eager to get this over with' but I just opted for a gracious smile and a simple yes.

Realizing that if I just played nice, this weekend would end faster, and then I could be on the first flight home to my family.

We hopped in the car and head to the restaurant, where his associates were already waiting.

We were seated, and I glanced around the table, taking in my surroundings ... The room was already filled with well-groomed Japanese men. The only other face I recognize was Mateo. Everybody engaged in light conversation, drinking and enjoying themselves ... Nando had his hand on my thigh, gripping and releasing it as he talked to some guys.