Chapter Nine

******

I got up and stretched, checking the time. It was already going on ten o'clock. My phone buzzed, and it was Leia telling me to get up and join her at the club. Again.

Leia refused to leave me alone unless I agreed to meet her, saying she had some good new to tell me. I didn't understand why she couldn't tell me on the phone, but she refused because she wanted to reveal me face to face.

I undressed and took a nice, long shower. After I got out of the shower and did the rest of my hygiene stuff, then went to my bedroom to find an outfit.

I laid my clothes on the bed, then focused on my hair and makeup. I left my hair in its natural state and as for my makeup; I did all the basics before topping it off with my favorite Charlotte Tilbury lip gloss that was a soft-pink shade.

Once I was done getting dressed, I grabbed my purse and shut off all the lights before leaving my apartment. I took me about ten minutes to make it to the club and like every night before; it was packed. I didn't have to wait like the other times because the bouncer had become familiar with who I was. He just let me in.

I danced through the crowd of people before I made it to the bar.

"Can I get a sprite?" I asked the bartender as I sat down on the stool. I felt a tap on my right shoulder, and I looked over it, but nobody was there. It wasn't until I heard 'Surprise!' when I realized someone had been tricked.

"Leia." I said, glaring at her as she perched on the stool beside me.

"Hey." she greeted, getting comfortable.

"So, what's the news you wanted to tell me about?" I asked.

"I have officially sold my piece."

"Oh my gosh, congratulations," I announced, giving her a hug. Something like that was definitely worth celebrating.

"Gracias. To celebrate, let's get intoxicated off our asses!"

"I'm not sure about getting drunk, but I will take a shot with you." I told her.

"Whatever! Bartender, pour us something good," she requested.

Little did I know, one shot wasn't nearly close to what my body would consume that night.

After some time, I was dazed and realized I was at my limit and had to stop.

"I have to use the bathroom to be back." I said, hopping off the stool. Those tequila shots hit like a ton of bricks when I stood.

"Wait, don't use the public one. Use the one in my brother's office."

"Are you sure?"

"It's fine. He wouldn't mind." She assured.