Chapter Forty

******

                                       ******

When I reached the dining room, I realized I was nearly the last to arrive

There was Leia, and Mateo, already seated towards the end of the table.

Felix and Morgan sat on the opposite side of them, and then there was the case of Fernando. I did not know where he was or even if he was on the grounds, given I hadn't seen or heard from him since earlier.

"Nice of you to finally join us."

The voice of the man in question invaded my ears, prompting me to turn around, coming face to face with him, and an unreadable expression reached his face as he glanced down at my appearance. "You look beautiful..." The compliment, earned himself a slight smile.

"... this color is lovely on you." He says, his hand touching the bare skin on my waist.

The dress he had chosen for me to wear this evening was absolutely stunning. It was a soft and slimming tan cocktail ensemble that had a high neck and a deep back that heighten the elegance of the occasion-ready attire.

Accompanying this was a pair of white stiletto heels and as far as my hair and makeup goes, I settled for something light and just pinned up my natural tresses.

"Thank you." I spoke low, smoothing out the nonexistent crease with my hands.

"You look quite nice yourself." I told him, he wore this slim fit suit with a black button down shirt, a few buttons were left open at the top and his usual cross necklace laid flat against his exposed chest.

Clicking his tongue, he chuckled lowly. His eyes ran over my curvy figure, before responding, "Thank you, beautiful."

"God, the sexual tension is thick. Why don't you two spare us the bullshit and make up already?" Mateo voiced, and I glanced over at him, noticing he hadn't even bothered to look up from his phone as he spoke.

"Mm, please do. Because this is getting really old, pretty fast." Leia said, leaning back in her chair, almost falling out of it, but she caught herself.