Chapter Five

I woke of this morning feeling a little uneasy

I woke of this morning feeling a little uneasy. Whenever I drank I tried to keep it at a minimum for this exact reason.

Lastnight was insane, fighting and a possible shootout I really couldn't wrap my head around it. After lastnight I didn't plan on ever going back to Phoenix, 'who knows what can happen next time' I thought. I didn't dwell on it to much and decided to get my day started.

I sat up in bed and went to grab my phone, and freaked when it wasn't on the charger beside my bed.

I throw the covers back and run to the kitchen to search my purse and it wasn't there either, I huffed in frustration.

Wondering where I could have put it, I wasn't drunk or anything so it's not like I forgot where I put it.

I searched my apartmen up and down, before eventually settling on using my apple 'find my' tracking app, their was a possibility I left it at the club and didn't realize.

I whipped out my ipad and went the app seeing that my phone was still at the club. I sighed relieved.

                                 Messages

Jazmin: (Hey, can you check with your brother and see if my phone was found, I lost it lastnight)
A'Leia: (Sure)

I took her a minute but she texted back telling me he did and I was ecstatic that it wasn't stolen and I didn't have to buy a new one.

Jazmin: (Meet me up there?)
A'Leia: (I can't kind of busy, but he'll assure your phone is returned.)

I smacked my lips and started getting dressed I had work in about a hour and thankfully Phoenix wasn't far. I got dressed and left the house, making it to the club in under twenty minutes. I walked up to the door and knocked, a guard opens it. 

"We don't open until nine." He said gruffly, before going to slam the door shut.

"Wait!" I yelled, stopping him.

"I'm here to pick up my phone I lost it last night and was told your boss found it." I explained.

He looked me up and down before opening his mouth "Wait here", and then closing the door.

I folded my arms across my chest, tapping my feet on the ground impatiently waiting for him to return. I wasn't sure what he was doing but he was taking way to long.

The door opened again and the same guy peeked his head out "Come in." He said stepping aside, and I rolled my eyes before walking in.

Seeing the club in daylight was much different from at night and while I expected it to be a mess surprisingly it wasn't, these people work really fast.

"Right this way." He said pointing to another entrance, and I started walking ahead of him down a hallway. I checked behind me to make sure the guard was still there, but along the way I guess he'd stop following me.