Chapter Fifteen.

I set some files down on my desk, Mateo and Felix coming in behind me

"The next words that come out of your mouth better be boss. We found your shipment, otherwise get out of my office."

"Shit, we're still trying to track it," he said, sitting down on the sofa.

"What?"

"But don't worry, we have our ears to the streets and there's been talk."

"Talk? I don't want to hear talk, I want to hear action..."

"That was 2.4 million worth of product... If anybody else finds that container, that's your ass."

"Okay."

"What else is new?"

"Shipments have been going well... The only thing that is holding us up is opening day for the restaurant." He summarized.

"I was thinking we get some of Garcia's girls to work at that restaurant."

"Why? They're a bunch of hookers."

"That they are...but also they're trained professionals who already know the ends and outs of this business. It's better to put them on payroll than some random. We're not even sure we can trust." I proposed.

"You have a good point, but I thought we were looking for dancers, not hookers."

"I changed my mind. I want this place to be more classy. If this doesn't work, we can always revert to the original plan."

"Alright, if that's what you want, I'll get on it right now." Mateo stood up and left.

"Guess I'll handle the shipment situation." Felix muttered as he gets up to leave.

"Felix, I want you to hang back for a minute."

My words made him stiffen.

"Look, I'm sorry, boss for interrupting your evening. The other night. I had a few too many to drink." He explained and when I spoke nothing, he continued to ramble.

"Actually, you know what I'm just going to come out and say it, I was away for one week and I came back and heard you let Saint handle operations in Honolulu after all the hard work I put in and all the connections I set up. I deserved that position!"

"Are you done?"

"Si!" He stood upright, holding his head up high. While his bravery was admirably, I couldn't care less about his or anybody else's feelings.

"I have someplace to go tonight, and I want you to watch the club."

"Okay?" he said, confused.

"Gracias."

"Is that all?" he asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Si." I answered. He nodded before leaving.

After Felix exit, a knock was delivered to the door.