Chapter Thirty-Nine

Happy Valentine's Day 🥀

"Let me out of here!!" Jazmin screamed for the hundredth time since arriving, and that was over two hours ago

"Stupid girl." I shook my head disappointingly. With all the time that's passed, never once did she stop to think throwing a tantrum, screaming at the top of her lungs and banging on the door wouldn't help her.

"How much longer are we going to sit here and listen to this?" Leia questioned, annoyance prominent in her voice as she sat up.

"Well, there's always the option for you to go to bed early." I narrowed my eyes at her.

"How about you go to bed?" she muttered, thinking I didn't hear her, but I did. I nudged my head towards the door, and she huffed before dismissing herself.

"She's right, you know. That noise is insufferable," Felix says.

"She's so angry. I'm wagering she's willing to go all night, or at least until she tears her vocal cords. Anybody want in?" Mateo asked, plucking a hundred bucks out of his trousers.

"I'll raise you two hundred." Felix weighed in.

"Aye, don't be betting on my girl, pendejos."

"Just thought we could make light of this situation, since it seems never ending." Mateo shrugged, putting his money back in his pocket.

"She'll stop soon. It's been hours. She'll get tired or thirsty."

"I don't know. I've seen kidnapped victims go for days, no food or water." Felix replied.

"We did not kidnap her." I snapped.

"Whatever you say, I'm getting a severe case of PTSD over here, so I'm going to leave." Felix declared, sitting his glass down on the mantle above the fireplace.

"See you tomorrow, jefe." He added, patting my shoulder.

"Alright." I nod my head.

"I understand why you're so crazy about her, jefe." Mateo says.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm guessing that mouth of hers works as well in the bedroom as it does right now." He joked, but I wasn't in the mood.

"Mateo, you better get the fuck out here before you be swallowing your teeth." I glared at him, and he chuckled, putting his hands up in offense before exiting the room.

With everyone gone and Jazmin quiet, I decided it would be a fine time to go talk to her, since I knew a strained voice would prevent that from happening. I got up and went into the kitchen to get her a drink of water before going to the office.

Opening the door, I expected Jazmin to come running at me like a madman, but that didn't happen.

Instead, she stood by the door, head resting in her hands as she sobbed, and there was a slight moment there where I felt sorry for her.