IN SHADOWS OF EXILE (1)

"Rajkumar Lakshman was hit with Shakti baan"

As the chilling message reverberated through the temple, Sumitra's legs weakened by unable to support her weight any longer. Collapsing to the floor, she unleashed a piercing scream, the shock evident on her face, which made her heart almost stop after knowing about her son's condition. Witnessing her distress, Kaushalya and Kaikeyi instinctively covered their mouths in disbelief as their eyes went wide with alarm. Mandvi and Shrutkirti rushed to Sumitra's side, offering comfort and solace in the face of her anguish.

Meanwhile, amidst the chaos, Urmila remained motionless, her body was rigid as if gripped by an unseen force. The news of her husband's fate had struck her like a bolt of lightning, by leaving her numb and unable to react. Her mind raced with fear and uncertainty, yet her outward appearance betrayed nothing but an eerie stillness, masking the turmoil within.

Shatrughna immediately rushed next to the messenger. Tears of his eyes had forgotten the boundaries. -"What are you saying ? My Lakshman bhaiya is injured by some weapon ? Impossible... This is impossible... He is the best warrior in the world. Nobody can even stand infront of him. This can't be true at any cost. "

The messenger looked down and answered, his voice was still unsteady.- "But this is the truth Rajkumar Shatrughna. Rajkumar Bharat got to know this from a vaanar, who was carrying sanjivani herbs for Rajkumar Lakshman's recovery."

Shatrughna had tornado raising in heart and making him unable to understand anything. He just rushed to Sumitra and both the mother and son cried in eachother's arm.

"Messenger, please elaborate. What have exactly happen to Lakshman and how ? Who was the vaanar and how did Bharat meet him ?"- Kaikeyi's voice was strong, as she inquired.

The messenger answered- "A few hours prior, during his evening prayers in his hut, Rajkumar Bharat's tranquility was shattered by the sight of a colossal figure traversing in the skies, with a mountain in hand. By fearing it to be a malevolent monster, intent on wreaking havoc upon Ayodhya, Rajkumar Bharat swiftly reacted, unleashing an arrow to divert the being from its course.

Upon the being's descent to the earth, Rajkumar Bharat's apprehension dissolved into astonishment as he realized it was a vaanar. With curiosity piqued, he learned that the vaanar was Hanuman, none other than the esteemed commander of King Sugriv, ruler of Kishkindhya kingdom.

Meanwhile, Rajkumar Ram and Rajkumar Lakshman were embroiled in a fierce battle in the distant kingdom of Lanka against the formidable Lankapati Ravan. Accompanying them were King Sugriv and his mighty army, staunch allies in the ongoing conflict. Tragically, Rajkumar Lakshman had fallen victim to a potent weapon Shakti baan, wielded by Ravan's son Meghnaad, leaving him grievously wounded amidst the chaos of war."

"WHAT ? THEY ARE IN A WAR... THAT TOO AGAINST RAVAN..... ?"- Shatrughna could not believe his ears.

As the messenger began to recounting the unfolding events before the assembled group, Urmila remained ensnared in her own internal labyrinth of thoughts. Despite the detailed narrative unfolding around her, she was consumed by the echoing reassurance of Lord Sheshnag, resonating deep within her soul, promising to never abandon her in the mortal realm.

While the messenger dutifully relayed Hanuman's words, Urmila's intuition transcended the mere surface of his speech. Instead, her inner vision unveiled the tumultuous journey of her husband's last fourteen years, each moment crystallizing before her subconscious mind. In this state of heightened awareness, she gleaned insights beyond the spoken words, delving into the profound depths of her own intuition and connection with her Saumitra.