ADISHESH AND KSHEER SAGAR

Maitreyi started narrating the story of Lord sheshnaag while Urmila was listening to it and as always her extreme excitement made her forget to blink.

" Lord Adishesh is the 'tamas swarup'(dark form) of Lord Narayan himself. He was the son of Maharshi Kashyap and Devi Kadru. Among her one thousand tremendously powerful and venomous serpent sons, he was the eldest and mightiest among all. He had a gigantic body and a thousand heads. Devi kadru had made her own sister and maharshi kashyap's another wife Vinta her slave by cheating and was torturing her. Some other brothers of Sheshnaag were also doing the same with their mother. Shesh(sheshnaag) couldn't see this and was unable to go against his mother's will even after being able to do literally anything he wants. So one day he permanently left his mother and brothers behind, and went to Gandhmardan mountain to worship Lord Vishnu there. For many eras he kept praying Lord Vishnu. Even his gigantic body and scales became weak and dry. Still he didn't give up. Finally one day his prayers got answered by shree Hari and he offered sheshnaag to ask for any boon he wants. So he wished to be on the path of Dharma always and to serve Narayan forever as his first servant. All the Gods including Narayan were immensely pleased by his humbles. He was the ultimate emperor of Naaglok. He could have ask for the growth of his strength, wealth and power. Or he could have ask to rule over Swarg, because indeed he was way more powerful than Indra, the king of swarglok. But he only asked Dharma and his God Narayan's grace.
So Narayan proudly accepted his every request and welcomed him to come and live in his residence vaikuntha forever. This was the utmost respect given to a bhakt (worshiper) by his bhagwan(God). Then Brahma, the creator of universe appeared to sheshnaag. He was supremely happy by his devotion towards Dharma. So he gave him a big responsibility to hold the universe/earth on his hood to make it balance. And when the time of destruction will come he will end the universe by moving his gigantic body. 
Sheshnaag was the one who was there before creation of universe and only he will remain after destruction of universe. He has no begining and no ending. So he is called as Adishesh... He represents the kundalini Shakti in living beings. He is responsible for the enlightenment of sages and wise people.

All Gods, Goddesses, enlightened spiritual beings, Rishis, Maharshis and Brahmarshis were gathered at Vaikuntha to welcome such a great devotee and powerful personality, Adishesh. Especially those who were living at vaikunth were super excited to welcome him. One of them was Mata Lakshmi's sister and second daughter of Varun dev(sea God), Varuni. Because of her milky white colour she got the name 'Ksheer Sagar' from Lord Vishnu. She is the cosmic sea that flows across vaikunth. She was standing right beside Devi Lakshmi and super excited to meet the one who was coming with Narayan. Devi parvati noticed it. So she went near Lakshmi and asked her to notice her sister Ksheera's unbelievable excitement to see Sheshnaag. When Devi Lakshmi asked her about the reason behind her happiness, she couldn't answer. Because she was also clueless that why is she so excited to meet someone whome she had never met before. But 'jagat janani' (mother of universe/parvati) and 'Shree' (Lakshmi) clearly understood to the plans of Lord Vishnu. So Devi parvati smiled and blessed Ksheera that the moment her gaze will fall on the one who is coming with Narayan, she will understand the reason behind her happiness.

When Adishesh arrived at vaikunth with Vishnu, the seven gates opened one by one. Vishnu was walking at the front and he was following his lord. When the final gate opened Adishesh saw mata Lakshmi herself standing with 'aarti ki thali' to welcome him. Mata Parvati was also standing right behind her. So his heart got filled with gratitude and respect for the Goddesses. So he immediately joined his palm near chest and soulfully bowed down infront of them. But when he lifted his head, his gaze fell on a glowing white women standing right next to Devi Lakshmi. Her beauty mesmerized him. His heart almost stopped beating for a moment. On the other hand Ksheera was stunned by seeing shesh infront of her, right next to narayan, with joined palms near chest. His eyes were glowing golden brown. No doubt his handsomeness was beyond words. His blue attire and golden jewelry were making him look even more divine. And all these were happening right infront of Devi Gouri. As per her blessing Ksheera immediately realised that it's none other than her soulmate.... She is destined to be with him.

But other beings, who were present there were scared of him, especially Indra. Because they have knew that only Adishesh's power is way greater than all Devta's power united. On top of everything he is a scarily gigantic, fire breathing and the most venomous serpent. A single drop of his poison is enough to destroy the entire universe. And because of these physical traits he was automatically furious by nature, who gets angry very easily. So nobody had the courage to went near him except Tridev (Brahma, Vishnu, Mahadev) and Tridevi(Saraswati, Lakshmi, Parvati). Shesh was clearly aware of this fact. So he was feeling a bit embarrassed because of that. So he decided to not develop his feelings more towards Ksheer sagar. Also he was here to serve his Lord Vishnu. So he decided to focus on that only.

But Ksheera had determined to get the man she loves. So without hesitation she approached shesha and bowed down infront of him. He was shocked... Everybody was shocked... How come she approached such tremendously dangerous being without any fear. But her answer was clear. She had fallen in love with him. She was in love with his furious personality, that scares everyone. She had opened her heart towards his biggest insecurity. She prayed him to live in the milky sea forever. He was shocked as well. When nobody was even coming near him, because he could end anyone within a fraction of second... There Ksheera gave herself to him. Adishesh teared up by this love of Ksheera.
Finally the tridev and tridevi arranged their marriage. And then Shesha stays as kundali in Ksheer sagar, on which Lord Vishnu rests with mata Lakshmi. Because of being Sheshnaag's wife, ksheer sagar is also called as 'Naag Lakshmi'.

The Adishesh... Who carries entire universe... is carried by Ksheer sagar. We know Mata Gouri is the shakti of Mahadev, Mata Saraswati is the Shakti of Brahma and mata Lakshmi is the shakti of Narayan.... Similarly Naag lakshmi is the Shakti of sheshnaag."

After finishing the story Maitreyi looked at Urmila and her eyes widened when she saw that Urmila's eyes were flooding with tears. She had no idea what she felt after hearing to this story of Shesh and ksheera. She was unable to put her feelings into words... As if some non-living thing inside her just got a life. The nostalgic shivers ran through her spine. She couldn't understand why this story felt so dear to her. The name 'adishesh' was still ringing inside her ears.

Maitreyi wiped her tears immediately and asked in a concerned tone- " Why are you crying urmila? What happened."

Urmila looked down for a moment and then looked up with a bright smile on her beautiful face. Then she touched Maitreyi's feet with love and respect- " You were right. I found the answer of my second question in this story. Now i can answer Mata Gargi.
Thank you so much mata Maitreyi. "

Maitreyi proudly held her shoulder to help her stand and said- " I'm glad you found your answers Urmila. So proud of you my child. " She gently touched her hair and then Urmila ran to Gargi to give her answer.

All these events were getting witnessed by Maharshi Yagyanvalkya, who was standing far and observing Urmila and Devi Maitreyi's conversation. A warm and satisfactory smile appeared on his face when he murmured in his mind- " You must have done some great virtue in your previous lives, Devi Maitreyi. You have no idea to whome you just narrated the divine love story of Devi Naaglakshmi and Lord sheshnaag."

Urmila finally met Gargi in her chamber. And before Gargi could ask she said proudly- " i found my answers mata... I know what kind of man I want as a life partner."
Gargi happily came near Urmila and asked- " that's great Urmila. So tell me know. Who would you take as your life partner."

Urmila's eyes glimmed when she answered- " Anyone... Whome I would fell in love with. "

Gargi asked with a little shock- " what...?"

Urmila- " yes Mata... Anyone. If i will fall in love, then I'll accept his evey flaw and tallent.  Whatever his characteristics would be, they will become my choice. I will love him the way he is. I won't expect anything else from him... Except his love. "

Gargi proudly hugged Urmila. - " God bless you my child. You have no idea what a great answer you had given. That man will be the luckiest husband in the world, whome you will marry in future. By the grace of Lord Narayan, May you meet him very soon. "

A cute smile bloomed on Urmila's face while her cheeks turn red and the last sentence of Gargi rang in her ears again and again.

" By the grace of Lord Narayan, May you meet him very soon. "

.................. " Very soon " ....................