MULTIPLE MARRIAGES

Ram's words of honour echoed from Earth to heaven. He was the very first man of the era who said something like this. It was totally impressive and set the standards high for being an ideal husband. Still some wimp had to oppose this as well...

- "But Rajkumar ram, you are going to be a king in future. You have to marry many other women....for sake of your kingdom. And it's a woman's responsibility to compromise and welcome the other wives of her husband... especially if she is the first wife."

Now they totally crossed the boundaries of patience of Lakshman. But before he could burst upon them like fire Urmila came to the front...- " and which deity or scripture said such thing Rishivar?"

Her question made all those arrogant sage's mouth shut. They cluelessly looked at eachother in the hope to find the answer but there was nothing to say.

"Kindly answer to my question great sages. I am just a normal woman who has zero intelligence as comparison to you. Please enlighten me.... which scripture says that, it's a woman's responsibility to compromise and welcome the other wives of her husband... especially if she is the first wife." - Urmila's question put the whole conference in query. Because none of them had the answer of it.

" seems like you all can't remember the name... it's okay. I want to ask my younger sister Shrutkirti, who is expert in all the scriptures and the most intelligent student of Maharshi Yagyanvalkya himself.... "- Urmila turned towards Shrutkirti and asked again- "Tell me Kirti... whatever these great sages said about a woman, which scripture depicts that....? and who had written it....? and which deity is the soul essence of that scripture?"

Shrutkirti answered confidently- " As long as I know, there is no such scripture which says this. All the scriptures had always glorified a woman's life and dignity. I have never read any scripture or book where they justify multiple marriages of men. "

All the men turned pale in the hall since all of them were thinking that multiple marriages of men were accepted by our laws and ethics. Urmila smirked slightly and then said again- "seems like my sister hasn't read enough books... so I want to ask Rajkumar Shatrughna who is also an expert in scriptures, laws, ethics and also the deciple of Maharshi Vashishta.
Kindly enlighten me youngest Raghuvanshi Prince..... which scripture says these.."

Shatrughan proudly stood up and folded his hands infront of his chest. - "No scripture, philosophy, laws or ethics in the world talks about dragging a woman's respect down rajkumari Urmila. The multiple marriage system was never glorified by any book. It was just made by humans and promoted by humans only. "

Shatrughan's answer made those arrogant sage's head down in shame. All women present in the hall were looking at Urmila with appreciative eyes. She continued speaking- "Can anybody else in this hall answer to my question??"
As usual all heads were down and nobody had anything to say. But still there were some people who had an invisible weapon of words which could break the strong wall of Urmila's pride.

- " What are you trying to prove Rajkumari Urmila? Men marry multiple women and this is normal in society. Are you telling that all the men with multiple wives are sinners. "

Ram stood up in the defence of Urmila- "Not Sinners but they drag a woman's respect down by marrying another woman. Which I don't want to do with my wife."

Those arrogant sages became speechless but still had the courage to start this pointless argument because they had to satisfy their ego which was getting destroyed by a princess, half of their age.- "Then what would you like to say about Maharaj Dashrath, who has three wives...??"

Ram was ready with his super logical answer but the sages were not interested in that.... all they wanted was to humiliate Urmila. So before Ram could say anything, one of them stopped him- " not you Rajkumar Ram.... this question is for Rajkumari Urmila."