GRAND WELCOME

The stairs extended upto the main door of main palace, was decorated most elegantly with flowers and diyas. All women were looking like queens, who were singing the welcome folk songs of Ayodhya and men were looking like kings, who were hailing. Flowers were showering upon them from every angle while some other members of royal family carried the newly weds towards the main door of the main palace through the stairs, where the Griha pravesh ritual was going to take place.

Many beautiful garlands were hanging on the gigantic door made out of pure gold. And just at the front, Maharaj Dashrath was standing with a big fat smile. Beside him, three women were standing with similar kind of smiles on face. They had goldly beauty. The glaze on their face and Charm of their appearance was clearly denoting that they were none other than the queens of Ayodhya.

With a loving smile on lips and deep affection in eyes, the woman right beside Dashrath was looking heavenly in her yellow saree and pink angavastram. Among all of her pretty jewelleries the big chudamani (crown of royal married women) on the crown region of her head was dragging attention and identifying her as the pattmahisi (main woman/queen of the king).
"She is Maharani Kaushalya, our badi maa... the biological mother of Ram bhaiya and Shanta didi."- Lakshman introduced to Urmila.

Next to Kaushalya, a taller woman was standing in a sophisticated pose. She had many elegant jewelleries in body and her captivating eyes were showing how ambitious and strong willed woman she is. Her maroon Saree and leaf green angavastram were perfectly draped across her well mentained body. No doubt she was looking like an alluring star among all women, while her entire appearance flashing the class she holds... the potential she holds.... So it didn't take much time for Urmila to understand that she must be the famous and favourite queen of Maharaj Dashrath.
Lakshman clarified- "Next to Badi maa is Rani Kaikeyi. Our Kaikeyi maa, The biological mother of Bharat bhiya. she's the one who taught me, how to hold a sword for the first time, such a great master she is."

Then Urmila's eyes immediately went to the person, whome she had been waiting to meet desparately. In a violet saree and peach angavastram, the woman was looking at them with the prettiest smile. She had very minimalistic jewelleries on. But the rudraksha mala in her neck was denoting her devotion towards Lord Shiva. She had those exact golden brown eyes, which Lakshman had inherited. But the calmness inside those eyes were showing the hidden knowledge and wisdom of the woman. She had a divine aura which immediately attracted Urmila and unintentionally a word left her mouth, when she got a thin glimpse of Sunaina in her lure- "maa.."
"Yes, she is my maa, Rani Sumitra. - Lakshman confirmed.

"Today heaven has descended on this earth itself. Four living forms of Mahalakshmi, have come to my door. You were right Maharaj, the princesses of Mithila are not ordinary girls. They have that divine aura.... I'm so glad to see you four as my daughter in laws. Welcome to Ayodhya..." - Kaushalya became emotional. Then she took the big golden plate from her chief maid's hand and went forward to do the welcome aarti.

First she did the Aarti of Ram and Sita. After putting some vermilion and turmeric on their forehead, she sprinkled some rice grain and flowers above their head. Finally moved the plate in a circular motion for three times infront of the couple and feed them the sweet from the plate.

Then she repeated the same with Bharat Mandvi, Lakshman Urmila and Shatrughna Shrutkirti.

After her, Kaikeyi took the aarti plate and went near Ram and Sita. By gently placing her palm on Ram's cheeks she said in a tender voice - "Ram... My son...". Her eyes shade a drop of tears and Ram wipped it. Then her eyes went to Sita. She just passed a smile towards her. A smile, which was hiding many questions and doubts. - "Welcome to the great Raghuvansh, Sunaina Suta (daughter of Sunaina). I hope you will prove yourself as the best partner of Ram and a deserving Yuvrani of the kingdom."