NONPAREIL LOVE

The morning sun bathed Ayodhya in its golden embrace, yet its warmth couldn't dispel the lingering sadness. Within the royal palace, the once vibrant hustle and bustle now echoed with a somber tone.

The absence of morning prayers outside the King's chamber served as a poignant reminder of the great void left by the passing of Dashrath, the beloved ruler whose presence had once filled these halls with warmth and wisdom. His departure had cast a shadow over the kingdom, leaving behind a gaping wound in the hearts of his subjects.

Kanak Bhavan, which used be a ray of opulence and grandeur... now stood as a mere shell of its former self, in between the palace campus. Its once vibrant halls now were hauntingly empty. The laughter of Ram and Sita, that once echoed through its corridors had been replaced by an eerie silence, a stark contrast to the life and energy it once exuded.

Similarly Ksheesh Bhavan and Moti Bhavan... once bustling with activity, now was laying eerily still. The absence of Bharat and Lakshman made those lifeless. It was as if the very essence of the palace had been drained away, leaving behind nothing but a hollow chambers only.

The sun had been up since hours, but Urmila's door hadn't open yet. Maids of Moti Bhavan didn't interrupt, neither the other members of palace... since they thought Urmila must be very tired and separation from Lakshman would be drowning her deep in sorrow, so she needs time to be with herself. But suspicions along with murmurs between the maids raised as it became too late and still there was not a single sound from her chamber.

Kasturi, the chief maid of Moti Bhavan had to come and gently bang on the closed door... With voicing requests for the rajvadhu to start her day. But there was no response to her calls. But surprisingly she realised that the door wasn't closed from inside that day, and easily opened as she banged on it for several times.

As that door creaked open, Kasturi's eyes widened in astonishment at the sight before her. She found Urmila, usually the epitome of early rising and boundless energy... now peacefully slumbering on the floor upon the grass carpet. It was an unprecedented sight... one that sent a shiver of unease down Kasturi's spine.
By ignoring the flurry of questions that swirled in her mind, Kasturi gently attempted to rouse Urmila from her unusual slumber once again. But Urmila remained as still as a stone, by being lost in a deep undisturbed sleep that seemed very much unnatural.

A sense of terror gripped Kasturi's mind as she realized that this was no ordinary occurrence. Whatever had happened to Urmila, was beyond her understanding or control. With a heavy heart, Kasturi knew that she had no choice but to deliver this news to the queens.

Kaushalya, Sumitra along with Mandvi, and Shrutkirti were filled with concern as they rushed to Moti Bhavan upon hearing about Urmila's inexplicable slumber. The sight that greeted them there was- Urmila laying on her dry grass carpet, seemingly untouched by the passage of time and locked in an unnaturally deep sleep.

"Urmila didi is still asleep? Impossible" - Shrutkirti stated in disbelief.
"Exactly... There must be something very wrong... Oh God, what is happening to my family" - Kaushlya's hand went to her chest as her eyes couldn't comprehend what she saw.

Fear gripped all of their hearts as they attempted to wake her. Their voices were filled with urgency and desperation. Each of them tried every method they knew to rouse her. From gentle shaking to loud calls... but Urmila remained as still as the surrounding air. Her breathing was steady and undisturbed.

Their efforts seemed futile, and a sense of helplessness washed over them as they pondered the mysterious circumstances surrounding Urmila's condition. With furrowed brows and heavy hearts they stood by her side, wondering what forces could hold Urmila in such an unbreakable slumber, and what it meant for her.