THE UNWANTED GUEST

Finally the day arrived, for which whole Mithila was eagerly waiting. The hall for Swayamvar was gorgeously decorated. The chairs for guests, VIP guests and participants were separately placed. The shiv dhanush was brought to the centre of the hall by the help of nearly hundred men. Nearly all the people of the janakpuri had gathered at the hall.

Sita was sitting infront of a mirror and nearly 6 to 7 women were doing her shringar. She was dressed in reddish orange attire with golden angavastram. After seeing Ram at the Gouri mata temple, she had become even more silent and calm. Still she was managing to smile and hide her pain perfectly. She was just mentally getting ready to put varmala in some other man's neck while the man she loves would be present there. On the other hand Ram was also doing the same. He gracefully dressed up by hiding his feelings and got ready to witness his desired woman putting varmala in some other man's neck, right infront of his eyes. Lakshman was quitely observing his brother and nobody had seen Urmila in the palace from morning.

Just like everyday she woke up way before the sunrise and went to the Mithileshwar Mahadev temple. Today she had nothing to pray for. So she was just silently sitting there without facing Sita. Because seeing Sita hiding her feelings in a magestic way will make her burst out into tears. But Lakshman's words were stuck in her mind. That's why she  was still sitting infront of Mahadev.

Sunaina became emotional after seeing her daughter getting ready for swayamvar. The memories from her childhood started dancing infront of Sunaina's eyes. She hugged sita and cried like a child until both sita and Sunaina heard Mandvi angrily shouting and coming inside sita's room...

" This is not done kirti... they deserve severe punishment. It could be a normal thing for them but in Mithila it's a severe crime... and criminals need to get punished...." - Mandvi was super angry and Shrutkirti was just running behind to cool her mind down.

Sunaina asked- " Mandvi... what happened? What crime you are talking about "

Mandvi answered angrily- " A serious crime badi maa... Someone purposefully destroyed the ripe crops of nearly 10 people... and to fullfill the lose, he just threw couple of thick gold coins right on the farmers face.... You tell me badi maa, isn't it a crime in Mithila ? "

Sunaina stood up from her place- " ofcourse it is Mandvi. Who told them that their gold coins could replace the farmer's labour? As the queen of Mithila I'll punish them by myself. Tell me who is he. "

Sita also stood up - "yes Mandvi... tell us who is that person" ?

Shrutkirti answered both Sunaina and Sita- " It's the king of Lanka, badi maa... His name is 'Ravan' "

Sunaina's limbs became cold after hearing this name.

Mandvi joined- " yes badi maa... people are saying that he has a flying vehicle in which he and some of the members of his court had come. He landed that in the middle of the crop field. And to clear their king's path, his bodyguards just cut the crops entirely. In this way they had destroyed nearly 10 people's field."

Sunaina immediately ordered a maid to inform Maharaj janak that Maharani wants to meet him immediately.

Janak knew why sunaina asked for an urgent meeting. Sunaina rushed angrily inside janak's chamber where this meeting was fixed. Before janak could say anything sunaina burst out- " May I know Maharaj.... why  Lanka pati Ravan is participating in my daughter's swayamvar? What made you invite him...? Answer me Maharaj..."

"Please calm down Sunaina. I can clearly understand what are you saying... "- janak said peacefully.

Sunaina- " then why did you invite him ? How can you do that... ? Just remember it maharaj... my daughter isn't marrying Ravan. I'm repeating, Sita is not marrying a monster like Ravan. "